Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Slipper clutch question

I need to install a slipper clutch to my R1 04, but i see in the book that comes different kind of CLUTCH DIAPHRAGM PRIMARY & SECONDARY SPRINGS why i need to now about it ? DOes my weight affect ? The factory Friction plates and disc works or i need a better clutches? ,Any sugestion :dundun:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
your weight affects nothing, your stock slutch pack will work just fine, the coil springs are the for the pressure plate and the other spring is for the slipper effect, a stiffer spring gives you less slip, and likewise

which slipper are you using
Right now im looking for the best ... and cheap price i read about Hinson.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
those are expensive ---- i havent had any trouble with the yoyodyne, has 9 trackdays and lots of street riding, i think they go for around 7 or 800.00 bucks
Well i ask because i have a Store that gave me the parts at the cost for sponsor them in my bike at the track ....and on December we race again...and i need to :lhumper: others

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,669 Posts
I ran an STM on my 02 R1 and a Yoyodyne on my 04 R6. Both worked fine. I had more seat time on my R6, I was also faster on it, so I think I had more feedback with the Yoyodyne. I've talked to Rob Hinson about his slippers, and was very interested in trying one on my 06 R1. I would honestly get whichever one was cheaper, because I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sweet, sponsorship is always cool, if they want to advertise, then they should give you free clutch, screw that ---- advertising is expensive
Man sponsor in Puerto RIco is very difficult the best that i found is cost in parts ,and is a better than nothing ,

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ran an STM on my 02 R1 and a Yoyodyne on my 04 R6. Both worked fine. I had more seat time on my R6, I was also faster on it, so I think I had more feedback with the Yoyodyne. I've talked to Rob Hinson about his slippers, and was very interested in trying one on my 06 R1. I would honestly get whichever one was cheaper, because I don't think you would be disappointed with any of them.
Well i need to find more info ,thanks for the feedback.....

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.