Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
i don't know what store to recommend since you are in england so i am just going to post a link to the tool and you can find it. you just use the pressure tester to put it up to 20ish psi and leave it. take off the side panels and wait, eventually you will start to see a leak if there is one. the leak may be more noticeable when your bike is hot from metal expanding. if you find it local you can take your rad cap there to make sure the kit have the correct adapter

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
i hear what your saying about the one time deal for the kit, i don't know where he would go in england but there has to be some cheap china tool store like harbour freight or princess auto over there that you can pick one up for 30-40 bucks. its cheaper then a shop and then you have a clear answer instead or just throwing on parts at random

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Had an issue like this once on a friend's bike. No leaks visible but smelled like hot coolant. After pressuring it The small hose from the thermostat up to the top of the rad had the tiniest drip that was running into the radiator fins and evaporating off before it could even make a puddle. These small issues where somethings wrong but not really wrong just enough to bug you are the most annoying to me. I wish stuff would just break so I can fix it and we go on with our lives lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts