Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As all us CDN's know the only way to get an R1 up here was to Pre-Order one before Feb. 28.. well that date has been pushed back to Feb. 24. People who thought they were getting an R1 purchasing them late are out of luck.. Also up her there seems to be a shortage of Blue R1's.. The people from the Dealership I got my Bike from told me I could sell my bike for more than I payed.. I'm not selling my R1:no Hope some of you guy's who were thinking of waiting to see how it matches up with the other 1 Liter bike.. Don't Procrastinate.. You may have to wait till 05 to get one:sleep

·
GO CHIEFS!!!
6,864 Posts
That is what they say every year... Wait a month or two and there will be plenty more... Probably by the time it is warm enough up there to actually ride the things...

- BA

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
bpa00 said:
That is what they say every year... Wait a month or two and there will be plenty more... Probably by the time it is warm enough up there to actually ride the things...

- BA
The people who put their $500.00 deposit in the past few days were given their money back. There are no more R1's coming to Canada anyway..
Iam just soo happy I have mine, can't wait till the snow melts:riding

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
I donno... I ordered a Blue, still waiting for the phone call... :dunno

Anyway, trust me, they will have more. Same with the 'O2 when they just came out, eveywhere was "sold out". Then like in June, I told my sales rep that maybe my friend is interested to get one too, and somehow he phoned me back saying he can still get one. :confused: But this way you're not guarantee to have one nor guarantee on the color.

:)

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I talked to 4 different dealerships in my area and 1 in Calgary. They all said the same thing. The Bikes that were allocated to Canada/people who pre-ordered them are sold out. Thats why the cut off date was dropped back to the 24th. The People that bought a bike before the 24th will get their R1, but thats it, all the dealerships I talked to ARE NOT even taking Deposits because they are NOT getting anymore.. THEY ARE SOLD OUT HERE IN CANADA..
Perhaps some other CDN's should phone their dealerships and find out how true this is.. Maybe it's just an Alberta thing:dunno

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
Ok... I just called my dealer to ask about "sold out"...

Btw, mine should be in around the 15th of March... :jump But I'm still debating if I should pick that one up or get the second shipment in April... :dunno He said it's all up to me. What am I going to do with the new R1 in March with the snow? :( Plus I've to start paying for the insurance... :boom

Anyway, back to the question, yep, he said everyone he has is sold. But he said he "might" get one more as "backup" and it will be Silver.

Hmm... I donno if it's really true, but maybe it's true for now. You never know, they might can get more later on, just like what happen with the 'O2 I mentioned before.

·
Where'd who go !!!!!!!!
39 Posts
:bs

They say all that stuff all the time, there will be NO shortage on the bike that Yamaha has devoted so much $$$ in R&D and advertising, that is just plan silly to think... Put yourself in a dealer's shoes if he tells you that '04 R1's are limited production but he can get you one for *just* over retail you are going to jump on it and pay the extra because you are worried that there won't be anymore; therefore, the dealer wins---now if the dealer tells you ya there will be a shitload of new R1's but I am charging *just* over retail for then you would definitely shop around and find a better deal knowing there was plenty of R1's to go around, so the dealer loses... Supply and Demand people, that is why salesmen are salesmen
Of course this is just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
142 Posts
Don't know about the blue 04, but I have seen a Silver 04 at my dealership, sitting on the showroom floor and avaliable for sale.

Whoever your dealer is, he/she is pulling your leg, their will be plenty of R1's avaliable for sale this summer.

·
we meat again
18,549 Posts
But why would the guy lie to me? It's not like I'm buying one now or something. Plus he gave me a personal deal that's lower than what he suppose to sell, he showed me like 5 to 6 contracts that people signed, and they're all paying higher than me. So I don't see why he has to tell me it's all sold out, I'm not asking him to get me another one or something. And he did mentioned that he might be getting another one.

Btw, for the Kawi, he can get as much as he wants in quantity.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts