Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Draggin chest hairs since 2008
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Id just love to know if they have addressed these issues people have been having, and whats being done to fix this problem? Anyone out there got any useful info?

For now, Marchi's all the way..... but if Carrozzeria steps up to the plate and fixes the issue, Id consider a set of wheels from them.

Marchis are priced for ballers, and I sure as hell aint ballin especially with Christmas right around the corner :bash

·
18x HP literbike killer
3,774 Posts
I had Carrozzerias on my old 05 Honda 1000RR, they had no issues, but then I heard of alot of them after that,

They were great for the money, and the spacers had to be modified just a little to fit that bike if I remember, no problems getting the Diablos on, but I don't know what's going on with them now....
just don't get them in white or anodized silver like I had, because they get spots on them and they are a b*tch to keep clean....black, blue or gold is nice....
here's a pic

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
If you're going to order it I know one place that checks the specs. CTSMoto.com

They actually have a machine shop and are lucky enough to check every set of rims that go through them. We don't have a full machine shop to check everything and therefore I would only recommend them at this time. I haven't heard of one issue when people buy from them since they started the checks. I won't carry them as I still won't put our customers on top of a product I wouldn't sit on myself. Many are fine and most yamaha's aren't where the errors appear, but if you search this forum you'll still find people having issues...for this reason I still won't add them.

·
You smoke WHAT????
2,050 Posts
If you're going to order it I know one place that checks the specs. CTSMoto.com

They actually have a machine shop and are lucky enough to check every set of rims that go through them. We don't have a full machine shop to check everything and therefore I would only recommend them at this time. I haven't heard of one issue when people buy from them since they started the checks. I won't carry them as I still won't put our customers on top of a product I wouldn't sit on myself. Many are fine and most yamaha's aren't where the errors appear, but if you search this forum you'll still find people having issues...for this reason I still won't add them.
I had issues with mine right befor the gap trip....the spacers were wearing and ate up the bearings...they sent me new "updated" spacers and bearings....just tore apart for the winter and looks a ok! they were pretty good about fixing the problem. Herd more horor stories on the gsxr's.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
I had Carrozzerias on my old 05 Honda 1000RR, they had no issues, but then I heard of alot of them after that,

They were great for the money, and the spacers had to be modified just a little to fit that bike if I remember, no problems getting the Diablos on, but I don't know what's going on with them now....
just don't get them in white or anodized silver like I had, because they get spots on them and they are a b*tch to keep clean....black, blue or gold is nice....
here's a pic
Good looking bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.