Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
I want an M1 next
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really dont think the M1 set up this season wasnt bad but hey I wasnt ridin it, Rossi and Colin would say the Bikes were strong just the tires. I do think 8 times outta 10 it was what was under it.... Rossi seemed to always do well in the begining of majority of the races, he would lead by a few seconds and then Stoner, and those nifty Bridgestones would come on strong and boom Rossi is second, third.... My blame are WRONG TIRES

WHAT YOU DO YOU THINK?
Do you think Fiat Yamaha will join the Bridgestone Band wagon, it was rumored they might...

Will that be a good move?

·
792.6 miles from the Gap
1,189 Posts
Well we already know that Rossi will be on Bridgestones and Lorenzo will be on Michelins even tho they are on the same team.

I think the tire rule will be amended in some way and Rossi will regret going to Bridgestone, but who knows. I think Yamaha will do well, because they just have too much talent not to. I think Stoner will be almost unstoppable again. I think Hayden will be back on the podium every race. I think Hopper gets a win.

·
I want an M1 next
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I dont know about unstoppable..... Im sure Yamaha has something for Ducati's ass this season.... they pulled it off before... it seems the more technology they put into the bike the more troubleshooting will be needed to the point where they dont know where to start... thats the bad part about new technology,more technology... If I was on the development team I would try to compare and maybe make the M1 come close if not just like the 900cc M1.... I really think thats what Ducati did... just pay attention to the lap times, and listen to the announcers, they say Ducati's are running almost if not the same times as they were last year... HMMMMM WONDER WHAT THAT MEANS??

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
I don't think it was just the tires fault. True, it is a major part of it. The Ducati is a stronger bike. The race in June was a good example. Rossi was playing tag with Stoner and even passing him in the turns, but once in the open long straight the Ducati would walk away from the Yamaha causing Rossi to lose the race and he could do nothing about it. As hard as he would try the Ducati would just walk away. I hope Yamaha {I'm sure they did} learn their lesson this year and come back with a better M1 for '08.

·
Biaggi:`WTF? Rossis behind me`
321 Posts
ROSSI IS FOOKIN FAST ON BRIDGESTONE FIRST SESSION MY MATTIES!!!!!

and Yamaha will kick some serious ass!! Lorenzo is already at pace!! I dont really care much for Ducati runnin same times at their 990cc cos where was Yamaha's and Hondas last year?? WAY AHEAD OF THEIR 990cc!! so in fact saying that their 800 is runnin 990 times doesnt say much!

STONER DIDNT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! LET ME REPEAT********>> STONER DIDNT WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!!! MICHELIN GAVE IT TO HIM!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
If Rossi has the same determination as he had when he first left Honda for Yamaha then Yamaha will fare well regardless of what package he has. Let's not forget that he (Rossi) rode a bike (in 04) that was not quite the bike that Honda had and took it to 2 world championships (and possibly a third without the many mishaps in 06). It IMHO was a combination of the evolution of the Yamaha coupled with Rossi's natural talent and huge determination. The last two years may ultimately have been just Rossi "givin it all he had" just to stay in contention or even finish a race. Rossi's choice to switch to Bridgestone may be confirmation that he has lost faith in a tire which he rode for literally his whole career. A big gamble (flashback to 04) but it might be the push that Yamaha needs to see that he's serious and needs them to equal or surpass his commitment to stay competitive. I'm cringin now expecting the retaliatory bantering and flaming:scared

·
Registered
15 Posts
Shiiiit !!!!!!! Stoner was hungry and Rossi was not, tires or not Rossi is the best. 08 will be a different year if Rossi goes with Bridgestone; lets see in a few months.

·
Biaggi:`WTF? Rossis behind me`
321 Posts
Stoner is already back to highsiding every bike he can!! I think he still holds the record for most crashes in a motogp season including practice sessions!

And he's just gone wild and injured himself in an after season test??? doesnt make sense.... if u ask me someone is RATTLED that ROSSI is flying on BRIDGESTONE BABY!!!
I cant see Michelin beating Bridgestone anytime in the near future, im not sure if it does have an input... but all tyres in F1 are Bridgestone.. surely they taking alot of research from F1 and puttin it into MOTOGP!>?? im not sure any input here guys??

·
Sportin Pimp Glasses
2,406 Posts
Rossi is good for sure, and you can't ever count him out. I'm sure that Bridgestone is putting some serious energy into F1 and at least part of that must be transferable. Michelin got lazy last year, and it seems that they are scalling back their racing operations, they did pull out of F1 after all.

·
Do the damn
168 Posts
Michelin were just lazy this year. They could have stepped up earlier. I think one of their top people retired, maybe that rattled the orginization. Bridgetsone came ready and prepared for the new rules and the season. I am sure it is not easy to stay on top but Michelin has more potential as a company than they showed his year. Rossi leaving them is understandable. For two years they have let him down. I will say it everytime I post on the subject, chunking a front tire........FRONT TIRE just to keep pace means that those tires are not doing the job. That was '06. He stayed with them. This year was just as bad. Tire being shagged to the point where they looked weird at the end of a race.

Yamaha just never got their engine going this year. In many of the races you can see Rossi in Stoner's draft and the Ducati PULLS AWAY from him......:scared ......The difference in power was ridiculous. The power got better on the Yamaha, but it never got to the point where he, (Rossi), could pull out of the draft with a ways to go down the straight and pass the Ducati. The Yamaha would hit the air when leaving the draft of the Ducati and sllllllllllooooooooooowwwww down.

Don't know how Yamaha will do....looking at their roster they should be doing just as good as anyone else or at least close. Hopefully there is more power in the engine. Bike Development between Lorenzo and Rossi alone should keep the chassis on top level. Bridgestone seems to have tire life down better than Michelin. Qualifing is not as strong but the race is what matters.

My vote is damnit....they better do better!!! :mad:

·
Viva La Figa
3,992 Posts
Rossi on 'stones...

·
I want an M1 next
382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
DING DING- Point for Ru.... Bridgestone are runnin the tire scene for F1... so they have alot of input on what compounds to use... less not forget that F1 cars run on some of the tracks M-GPs run so thats more of a plus of knowing the tracks.... and from what Im reading Rossi placed 2 in Jerez during testing... not bad for a man with a broken hand, shit I had a cut on my hand and it was hell to ride let alone broken bones.... So we will see what happens next year... EXCITING...

Stoner is already back to highsiding every bike he can!! I think he still holds the record for most crashes in a motogp season including practice sessions!

And he's just gone wild and injured himself in an after season test??? doesnt make sense.... if u ask me someone is RATTLED that ROSSI is flying on BRIDGESTONE BABY!!!
I cant see Michelin beating Bridgestone anytime in the near future, im not sure if it does have an input... but all tyres in F1 are Bridgestone.. surely they taking alot of research from F1 and puttin it into MOTOGP!>?? im not sure any input here guys??

·
the lesser of 2 weavels
3,728 Posts
yeah the michelins are really crap:2bitchsla

1. Dani Pedrosa (Honda) 1?38.562
2. Nicky Hayden (Honda) 1?38.848
3. Jorge Lorenzo (Yamaha) 1?39.464
4. Andrea Dovizioso (Honda) 1.39.747
5. Shinya Nakano (Honda) 1?40.121
6. Colin Edwards (Yamaha) 1?40.184
7. Alex de Angelis (Honda) 1?40.185
8. James Toseland (Yamaha) 1?40.213
9. Randy de Puniet (Honda) 1?40.398
10. John Hopkins (Kawasaki) 1?40.984
11. Valentino Rossi (Yamaha) 1?41.538
12. Marco Melandri (Ducati) 1?41.619
13. Tadayuki Okada (Honda) 1?41.715
14. Nicolo Canepa (Ducati) 1?41.793
15. Anthony West (Kawasaki) 1?42.343
16. Vittoriano Guareschi (Ducati) 1.42.850
17. Shinichi Ito (Bridgestone) 1?43.001

·
Sportin Pimp Glasses
2,406 Posts
You can't take too much stock in testing. They are all trying to do different things with their bikes, so it's not an even comparison. It does look like the Michellins are up to par.

·
Viva La Figa
3,992 Posts
You can't take too much stock in testing. They are all trying to do different things with their bikes, so it's not an even comparison. It does look like the Michellins are up to par.

I agree. I don't think the teams would be too eager to show what they got for the competiton this far away from the start of the season.

·
AB my AI
921 Posts
IMO Michelin will work 5x harder next year just to prove a point and to piss the Doctor off. I hope the Doctor fights back and takes all of his Michelin tyre frustrations out and proves to everyone he's still the king.
Rossi ----> :bash <---- Michelin

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.