Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Off Topic mod
11,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of looking for a house to buy. I should be getting to Va Beach early in December. Just in time for the cold weather :bash
I am looking to live somewhere in the Hampton Roads area. Any places to avoid? I havent been there in almost 4 years and I kinda forgot the shitty places like Downtown Newport News :lol

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,685 Posts
:dunno, all i gots to say is keep ya big head outta Iowa if you don't like the cold weather. :crash
It's already getting cold here :(

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
I am :), but I'm a few hours away from va beach..

·
Is it time to Ride yet??
528 Posts
I was born in newport news, lived in williamsburg till I was about 4 and then moved near lynchburg where I am now. I have been back through there over the years but I def. wouldn't want to live there. If I was gonna live anywhere close to there it would be somewhere near Williamsburg like lightfoot, toano or across the river in Surry county. Not much to do in Surry but catch the fairy for 20 mins and right in the middle of colonial williamsburg. Just my 2 cents. Forget all that though move out near me and you have all the blue ridge mtns. to live in. Frank

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey R1-LBZ, you need to do some work, and stop messing around on your computer.
Shadow, R1-LBZ is my roomate, and he is right, if you want the twisties, you need to move more towards the middle of the state. We can be on some of the best roads in VA in 10 min. Blueridge Parkway, route 130 and 501 and route 60. I do like VA Beach, me and some of friends go there every year for the Air Show, at the Navy Base. Very Cool
Good luck

·
Registered
74 Posts
I am in Newport News myself, Its not the greatest but not to bad.
I would stay away from the shipyards (IE Downtown)...If you really want a nice place to stay I would look in YORK county, or maybe KILEN CREEK.
Both are good, but there about 30 min away from the beach, and you have to go through the tunnel to get to the beach.. Other than that, probally a little less crime rate..
If you have any more ???S let me know..
Chad

·
Is it time to Ride yet??
528 Posts
Hey Kb-nel, eat [email protected]#$! your rent just went up to about 2k a month. Lol bad enough we live together but work together too. At least we both have bad azz R1's. Good luck wherever you choose to move. Frank

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
Stafford. About 2 hrs from Va Beach, I think. 20 miles south of the beltway.

·
15,500 rpm
360 Posts
there are alot of great neighborhoods in york county like kiln creek and coventry if you are looking to buy a new house you'll find better deals in the Newport News suburbs thats were my parents are building a house. Just stay away from downtown. Good luck in your search.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts