Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

So yesterday while I am cleaning my bike

1K views 24 replies 15 participants last post by  Kelial 
#1 ·
I get it all clean except for the upper of the rims so I roll it back a lil bit and :eek: I see this!!!!

That's what 1500 miles of straight Northeastern Wisconsin roads will do to a diablo :fact

#3 ·
I call :bs LOL Damn bro, you had to have either roasted it a bit or locked it up at least once:2bitchsla :lol

#4 ·
The part I don't understand is.....

It sounds like you were surprised to see cords on you tire. The rest of the tire has a 3" flat spot where the tread pattern is completely gone. If you look real close, there are wear-bars inside the tread it's self. Once you get to that point, your supposed to replace the tire.

BTW, welcome to the liter class, we keep tire companies in business.

Time to experiment with some new rubber. What are you going to go with?

Good luck

#8 ·
jkrstich said:

BTW, welcome to the liter class, we keep tire companies in business.
I think I've got ya beat in tire consumption:finger 14 tires in 2 years (36k miles):fact

#9 ·
oisR1 said:
lol...someones been inhaling rolling burnout fumes..:lol
:lol :lol :lol :lol

#11 ·
What the hell are you doing? And you didnt know?

#19 · (Edited)
GXRKLR said:
I still have no idea how folks can wear out a tire that quick. If I got milage like that I'd have to change my tires every week.
I had a running Tuesday appointment last year at my local dealer. Every week, a new rear. Every other week, a new rear and front. Some weeks I had to stop riding on Friday cuz the tire was fried. No burnouts, just corner exits. This was also in Wisconsin, but in the good part (west central)...

I'm surprised he flatspotted the Diablo that fast. The Diablo rear is one of the best for straightlining due to its dual compound construction. Methinks he's got too much air pressure in the bun...

#20 ·
gb506 said:
I had a running Tuesday appointment last year at my local dealer. Every week, a new rear. Every other week, a new rear and front. Some weeks I had to stop riding on Friday cuz the tire was fried. No burnouts, just corner exits. This was also in Wisconsin, but in the good part (west central)...

I'm surprised he flatspotted the Diablo that fast. The Diablo rear is one of the best for straightlining due to its dual compound construction. Methinks he's got too much air pressure in the bun...
:iamwithst

#23 ·
R1Rider96 said:
My Sportec M1 after a couple of weekends at the Gap and Cherohala.
:bow :bow

#24 ·
R1Rider96 said:
My Sportec M1 after a couple of weekends at the Gap and Cherohala.
You know you got it dialed in when you start "shaping" the bun...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.