Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bone Stock....for now....
460 Posts
19mm hex for the front......32mm socket for the rear.

Don't rememember where I orderd it from though it was not more than 20.00 for a 19mm 1/2" drive.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Poe said:
19mm hex for the front......32mm socket for the rear.

Don't rememember where I orderd it from though it was not more than 20.00 for a 19mm 1/2" drive.
Thanks! I got the tire off a long time ago and lost the tools so I couldnt remember what the size was, thanks.

·
Registered
3,982 Posts
Go get a bolt(with19mm head) and 2 nuts from the hardware store. Tighten the nuts together on the bolt and use the head of the bolt to loosen the axle. Cost about $2.

·
Like The Rising Phoenix
2,681 Posts
i've always just left the pinch bolts in place... loosened the axel hold bolt..... and done.... no need for any special hex tool.... actually a service manager at a dealership tought me this trick

·
Registered
64 Posts
you can also use a 5/8 standard sparkplug socket...turn it around and put an extension in through the big end, the other end is 19mm, works perfectly and you can use your torque wrench. FREEBIE
i've always just left the pinch bolts in place... loosened the axel hold bolt..... and done.... no need for any special hex tool.... actually a service manager at a dealership tought me this trick
Two excellent tips there fellas! Thanks a ton!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.