Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· my r1 caresses me
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought these fantastic wheels new from Hard Racing in 2012. They were used on my 09 R1. I wanted to keep them for my new 2015 but apparently they won't fit. Marchesini has new part #s for the 2015 R1.
There are 4 large paint chips from a not-so-careful tire vendor on the rear rim. Last year I was able to touch them up with tremclad gloss black rust paint and a fine paint brush for some pretty decent results. From 2 feet away the chips are hard too see.

The first two photos I post will be of i) a chip and ii) me pointing at the results of my touch up job of the same chip (the 'after' photo was literally taken 5 mins after I applied the paint). The next 4 photos will show the touched up paint chips on the rear rim. The sixth photo will be of a touched up nick on the front wheel (the front wheel is basically flawless except for this). The rest of the photos will show both side of each wheel in all their beauty (four pics of the front and four of the rear).

For half the price of a set of new wheels someone can enjoy a set of really trick wheels. The bearings they use are amazing. The wheels spin forever. When I installed them I spooned on the set of used Power Cup tires that were on my stock wheels. As soon as I got rolling, my R1 felt as if it had transformed into my R6. Thanks for looking...

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.