Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
CCS #16
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Duuuuuuude you got some LEGS coming off the final turn onto the straight!
Yep, had a good drive onto the straight. Also that stock motor is reeeal loose right now, needs a rebuild before it's too late... so it's extra fast.

·
Send It
84 Posts
Bike was getting HOT after that red flag restart. Curious on how you feel about the launch control the R1 comes with I noticed you dont use it.

·
CCS #16
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bike was getting HOT after that red flag restart. Curious on how you feel about the launch control the R1 comes with I noticed you dont use it.
We don't have radiator fans on the bike - so she gets hot if not moving.

I generally like the R1 launch control. I wasn't using it because the clutch is going on this bike so I try to be extra gentle on the starts right now.

·
Send It
84 Posts
We don't have radiator fans on the bike - so she gets hot if not moving.

I generally like the R1 launch control. I wasn't using it because the clutch is going on this bike so I try to be extra gentle on the starts right now.
I feel yeah my last race bike didn't have fans and ran real hot on restarts as well. I never liked seeing it up towards the 250 range...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
8 Participants
Carlos461
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing