Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Just made this great wheelie.. did you see it?!
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi evryone:hellobye
if you have read my post under this title love R1 w................,
so guys ,i've got a phone call frome police that told me that they have find the bike

:D but bike was involve in the a bad accident,:bash and the bike is in pretty bad shape and the thief is at the hospital:eek:
anyway yesterday i went and picked up the bike ,oh man bike is tottal but strangely frame and fork are o.k and straight,here i put some pictures and please tell me what do you think it's worth it to repair or not or how much do you think is gonna cost me.
and thanks all of you who back me up and it seems to me you guys have a powerfull mind that could make the thief caught:machinegu :machinegu ,and that guy never gonna steel any bike because he lost one leg above his knee in the accident:bash :machinegu :bash
really i don't know what to think i'm kinda:confused: :anyway i droped the charge against him

Attachments

· Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
R1MAN said:
:anyway i droped the charge against him [/B]
You did WHAT,hell no I am a vengeful SOB I would press charges after I whipped his ass and make him pay for my bike. Thieves do what they do because there is never a harsh enough price to pay. I know some of you are thinking 'the guy lost his leg' well if it was my bike he stole he would lose his nuts also. Sorry but I had to vent. Anyway it doesnt look to bad to fix from the pics,check into aftermarket bodywork it will be cheaper than OEM. I am damn glad you got your bike back:rock :rock

· INVICTUS
15,201 Posts
From a cop standpoint......................

You should have stayed with charging his ass. He stole your crap. Yeah he got hurt, but hey , that's carma. Don't think he can't try to sue you or the police (if they chased him ) for making him crash. I'm sorry I am being biased but I hate a thieving bastard. Looking at your wrecked bike it looks like you spent some time and money on your baby. He got it for free because he just wanted it and did'nt have to work for it. I'm not putting you down , but cases where the victim drop the charges feeling sorry for the perp makes the cops feel like , why waste time trying to get the guy if nothings gonna happen. Also some insurance companies wont pay out if you decline to prosecute. Oh get a new bike this one was raped.

· Registered
778 Posts
Are you SURE your frame is OK?? Get it checked out professionally.

If you have insurance (can't remember if you did or not) then the insurance appraiser will decide the fate of your bike (fix or trash). I would want a new one!

As for the idiot who stole your bike....he deserved what happened to him! I would not have dropped the charges...he lost a limb not a brain (he obviously has a sparse amount of brain cells as it is). :mad:

You can still steal a lot with only one leg!

:bs

· the old ONE
334 Posts
Oh boy!!!!!!
R1MAN you are a true gentleman:yesnod

What I can see its not so dramatic when
the frame and the fork is ok!
All crashparts I have seen for cheap money
by ebay. Try it , I wish you to get it for less.

We all have seen: ITS NOT A BEGINNER BIKE!

· Farkin' hero blobs!
1,272 Posts
Wee,

guess things got kind of worked out after all. dont know if im sorry bout the guys leg, but we all wished him hell and he got it. good luck with the after work.:)

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
actuallye police chase him that's why he went down,apart ,that *&^%^&* didn't know how to ride,about his leg well i think that these assholes do not deserve any pety,
he lost his leg so he should not take somebody else bike in the first place.
so why i droped the charge?
this *&^^&* lost his leg and i thought so far he learn his lesson,hopfully:(
about frame and fork i can't be certain but they look pretty straight to me,by the way about dumper i may need some part for but i don't know that you can fine part for it or not.
but man i'm glad the pipe is safe:D

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
there other thing you can not see it on the picture which front rim is broken:(
tail is gone too,where subeframe is conected to the frame has very small crack

Attachments

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
yeah,that's right i wanna make it apart and sell,but any idea that how can i check out the motor and transmission ?fork and frame are o.k to me but how can i check them out?
i have to be sure that thoes part i'm selling are fine ,and they are not gonna put other rider in danger
i can not move the bike,so i have to do the whole thing by myself any idea is very apperecaited.

147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
i think first i'm gonna strip down the bike ,anyway as maxprimal said i can sell the parts as is,i do my best but i can not gaurantee it.
now i have one of those question that is a bit hard to answer:D
around how much do you think i can sell it like this,let say fram and fork are fine.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.