Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
I BRAPP BECAUSE I CARE!
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay so i just got back from picking up oil and a filter from the dealership for the R1 and of course i had make a left to the showroom floor to go see my first 08 R1 and Busa amoung the other new models in person before hitting the parts desk....the R1 is the same as last year but they only had a black one and it seems a shade different. Im not digging the new Busa...The bike looks like it has two front ends....while standing behind it, if it were not for the tail light lense being red i would think it was the front of a GSX-whatever. Maybe i will feel differently over time since i hated the Busa when it first came out with the low sitting rear end and that huge front fender, i really wanted to take a saws-all to that fender. A few years went by and the bike slowly grew on me. Flirting with 200 mph stories plus being blinded by displacment, lets just say I ended up with an 01 Busa. I still have it and the look grew on me, i now love it esp with the mods ive made. THAT BEING SAID...I saw for the first time today a 2008 B-King Suzuki 1300. The first thing you notice is its sheer mass! The bike is huge!!! No really like BOSS HOSS V8 huge....Its got to be around three feet wide when your sitting on the bike looking down at the tank and air-ducts. It feels really comfortable with a more upright riding position then the busa. It seems a bike with that much power, at high speed with nothing to hide behind would be a little knarly to say the least...its pretty much a naked Busa. Same engine as the new Busa. The headlight makes the bike look like something straight out of Transformers. I would love to see one with a streefighter style side by side, (round, bug -eyes) head light kit, i think that would really help the bike out and just make it easier to visually digest. The exhaust cans are freggin huge as well...One of the first things i would be likely to change after the headlight. Not only for the performace or sound aspect, its just that the stock design is really big. I dont really know how i feel about it. Its really going to be a hate or love thing and i think im going to have to ride it to make that decision...Oh and i hear the thing has a dry weight of about 700lbs.
If you havent seen one, try to, if you have what do u think? Ridiculous or RIDICULOUS LIKE A FOXXXXX!!!!!!!!!
http://bikeintro.com/wp-content/bking.jpg
http://www.raptorsandrockets.com/images/Suzuki/2007_Suzuki_B_King_3r.jpg
http://photos.motorcycle-usa.com/king.jpg

·
R1 Addiction
16,591 Posts
not really my style, but also haven't been for a ride on it. It does look like a monster

·
Registered Adrenaline Junkie
2,490 Posts
I sat on one... I totally agree, ITS FOOKIN HUGE!!! And heavy... :flex: But once you got going on one (and ditched the stock cans for a set of Akra's), I bet it'd be a blast... :sneaky

·
Registered
357 Posts
i likes

·
Premium Member
13,935 Posts
I've ridden one and they're actually quite nice to ride. Handle surprisingly well and conceal their size very well once moving. The motor does feel like a beast but it's certainly not as fast as a 'Busa. It was supposed to be released as a supercharged production bike, shame that didn't happen.

Nice bike though if you want something different. I agree, cans have got to go! Yoshi do some nice once for it :sneaky

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.