Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Give it gas!!!
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This Thread will be for new members, or SA people to introduce themselves!:

If you want your name added, or any details, or what eva! Post here or PM me!
WELKOM!!! :hellobye

Members from South Africa:
Twistgrip - Benoni, JHB - Squadron - CO
Azgoth - CT - Squadron - XO
GaiasGuardian - CT
Drouge Donkey - JHB
Track-Dazed - JHB
zaheer - Pietermaritzburg, KZN
wingbat - Randburg, JHB
Ultrax - CT
alcatraz - alberton, JHB
Inflect - Edenvale, JHB
R1MaDGuY - PE
Ra1nManZA - alberton, JHB

PS. If anyone wants to arrange a meeting or a ride feel free to start a thread or post in the Chat Thread!!!
:fork

If any of you guys need a sig just let me know!

If you want to be updated more on the Squadron happenings, Click on http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=198
Go to Forum Tools, then Subscribe to this thread, and you will be subscribed to any new threads or posts in your User CP Page

dieyoung69 - Pierre - Centurion, PTA - Ex Squadron CO - RIP 2010-11-04

- Andre

·
Give it gas!!!
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Howzit, :hellobye

I've been a member here from Jan 2006 Strait out of Benoni :epimp

I currently ride a 2005 R1 Silverstorm, and my wife's on a 2008 R6 White & Red
Also used to ride a lot of Offroad, had to sell them but I'm defnitly getting one again!!

We do a lot of day trips, and every now and then, weekend trips (not scared to go a distance :fact)

Groete,
Andre

:fork

·
Have you killed a cat today ?
9,925 Posts
:hellobye

Goeie More !

Thank you Andre, good idea to have a Members Introduction Thread.

I've been a member since June 2007, this forum is very informative going from technical advice up to relationship advice :crash I hail from Pretoria, and have been there all my life. Been through the cc's over the years, and riding on and off for about 20 years

The last 3 years I've been working internationally, which limited the riding time but I try to make up for it when I get home. While abroad, I made some good friends on this forum, extending world wide.

Current ride is a Blue 2007 GYTR R1 :fork

I am still indecisive on to build it to track or just to buy a new track tool, It would be great to spend more time on the track but I want a daily machine too.

Groete

Pierre

·
Eat me.
115 Posts
Hey all

I'm in Cape Town.
I joined up here in June 2008 after buying my 2005 R1 earlier in the year.
I've never really posted much until recently because I know how to use the search feature of the forum :crash

I've been riding for about 25yrs, I'm not very fast but I can hang on really tight :butt

I work for myself in a few fields, one is the motorcycle industry.

And that's about me :)

^Az

·
Give it gas!!!
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
because I know how to use the search feature of the forum :crash

I've been riding for about 25yrs, I'm not very fast but I can hang on really tight :butt
Well Said mate!

·
Paint up, rubber down
15 Posts
Hi All,

Recently joined, not sure how this all works but will figure it out soon enough. From Joburg, riding a 08 R1. Been on the track a couple of times and have become rather addicted to it. Might even go so far as converting into a track bike one day, but will see how it goes.

·
Paint up, rubber down
15 Posts
Thanks for the welcome Azgoth. Can anyone recommend a good thread with regards to gutting the standard slipons for a 08 R1. Info which would include the power gains, perhaps a video of what it sounds like and finally if it is worth it. TBR is my prefered option but way too expensive.

·
Give it gas!!!
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi All,

Recently joined, not sure how this all works but will figure it out soon enough. From Joburg, riding a 08 R1. Been on the track a couple of times and have become rather addicted to it. Might even go so far as converting into a track bike one day, but will see how it goes.
Welkom !:hellobye

Name added to the list!

if you need anything pop a pm to any of us!

Enjoy! :thumbup

:beer

Thanks for the welcome Azgoth. Can anyone recommend a good thread with regards to gutting the standard slipons for a 08 R1. Info which would include the power gains, perhaps a video of what it sounds like and finally if it is worth it. TBR is my prefered option but way too expensive.
I've removed my cat, removed Exsup, and gutted my exhaust! worth every cent of R300 I spent on it!

I took it to the dealer for a service and the put it on the dyno, can't remember the hp but they said its 1hp down from their shop bike with full aftermaket system

Links:
Baffels

Gut Cat

Exsup (don't cut it, easy way is to just put a bolt in with some gasket sealer and it will last)

·
Paint up, rubber down
15 Posts
Thanks for the welcome and double thanks for the info. That settles it then, gutting, here we come....

·
9,925 Posts
Hi All,

Welcome to the family, I see you're from Jozi (I asked in our chat thread :lol)

Good to know you're pretty close so we'll make a plan for a ride soon.

I'll be offline a bit more for a while but I'll keep an eye on our SA threads.

This site has loads of info as you already noticed and here are members with huge experience and damn fast ones too.

:thumbup

·
Paint up, rubber down
15 Posts

Welcome to the family, I see you're from Jozi (I asked in our chat thread :lol)

Good to know you're pretty close so we'll make a plan for a ride soon.

I'll be offline a bit more for a while but I'll keep an eye on our SA threads.

This site has loads of info as you already noticed and here are members with huge experience and damn fast ones too.

I answered in the other thread as well, but here goes again :)
From Randburg.

There is alot of information on this site and good information at that. Have been busy for a while now searching, reading and learning.

Good to be part of this forum and even better that there is a local thread as well. Local is lekker....:boobies

·
9,925 Posts
I answered in the other thread as well, but here goes again :)
From Randburg.

There is alot of information on this site and good information at that. Have been busy for a while now searching, reading and learning.

Good to be part of this forum and even better that there is a local thread as well. Local is lekker....:boobies
:boobies Yup, local is lekker :rock

The SA thread has been long overdue but we finally found some active members - we still need a pic thread that we can whore up and show people how we roll.

:beer

·
Give it gas!!!
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
My R1 eats meat
144 Posts
Hey, I'm Ruan and I'm an addict... I'm from Cape Town and joined at the beginning of this year when I swapped my Sv1000s for the R1. Best thing that ever happened to me. well I'm 21 and have been riding for 6 years,through a number of bikes working myself up to the R1 and hopefully doing my first track day next month. :hammer::flex:

·
those who cant do teach...
262 Posts
:hellobyehowzit fellow squadron members

havnt been able 2 post in a while. im from kzn and have u ever wondered y the f#*k no1 ever considered investing in a regional track for proper racing. i mean kzn has stunning scenery and all the right ingredients but budding motoring enthusiasts have to travel to jhb or cpetwn 2 get their kicks :rantbut anyway...

im looking to start my own track bike project. if u guys kno any1 who has a bike for sale at a cheap cheap cheap price leme know...thanks :)

ne1 in d pmb area wana hook up 4 a ride leme kno...later :jump

·
Give it gas!!!
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
:lol Hi Zaheer,

I Guess south africa is lacking in propper tracks
They are building a new track just outside of Delmas MP, Red Star Raceway and it's only for bikes!

Aint PE somewhat closer to yoy then Kyalami? or even Phakisa?

There is always "Durban street circuit" :lol

Tracks listed:
Killarney Motor Racing Complex (WPMC), Cape Town
Kyalami, Gauteng
Phakisa, Welkom
Prince George Circuit, East London
Red Star Raceway, MP

And Zaheer post some Pics in our pic thread man!
http://www.r1-forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296109&page=2

·
Registered
450 Posts
Hi all my name is Neil recently joined but haven't really posted much. Used to ride a '07 zx10 r then made the wise decision on crossing over to the r1 07'. loving it ever since.
I stay in jhb and work as a personal trainer

1 - 20 of 66 Posts