Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do any of these plugs look like something that would make the bike not start? I do believe they are a bit dark? Thoughts and opinions please. Also for replacement should I get the exact same NGK plugs or something different?

·
Registered
5 Posts
After researching the manual and web, a possible solution is 1. installation of a power commander, or 2. taking it to a dynamic place, if option 1 does not give results. Use new plugs after installation to see if it's running optimal. My plugs look the same and has a hard cold start and I have to use a starter gas.

Recently replaced the broken fuel pump, yet unsure if fuel pressure is correct on the new one, bought from Ali express. Comments please.

·
Registered
'08 r1
3,350 Posts
Operating pressure is between 60 and 90 psi. I don't know how the French chose to measure that so I use imperial units.

OP, I recommend the ngk copper core cr9ek like came out of it. They offer an iridium plug. I don't like them. Many people do.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My bIke been running pretty rough since I picked it up. Poor acceleration and the rpm’s would go up and down at idle. It would also hesitate to start. I changed my plugs last week and let’s just say I’m scared of the bike now lol
View attachment 1027177
What type is it?
Ngk MAR9E?

The standard plugs should be okay if fuel injection is set correctly. I saw a post where it's possible to adjust each cylinder setting richer or leaner 3-5 steps adjustment.
Also possible to flash the ecu or get a power commander 3.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What type is it?
Ngk MAR9E?

The standard plugs should be okay if fuel injection is set correctly. I saw a post where it's possible to adjust each cylinder setting richer or leaner 3-5 steps adjustment.
Also possible to flash the ecu or get a power commander 3.
Yes they are the LMAR9E-J. My bikes fuel filter was clogged up so I guess instead of replacing it the previous owner just maxed the fuel controller out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts