Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone out there share my dilemma ? I just got My 3rd speeding ticket in 12 mon. period. All of them were in My car though. The third speeding ticket they popped Me for $280 and 6 points on My license. I have a total of 10 points 2 more points and My license is gone :( I think I have to wait 2 years till they drop off, so I have to take it easy for the next 2 years. This is a warning !! If You have 2 tickets in less than a year DO NOT get a third !! Thats Ohio though, not sure about other states.

Signed,

Stuck in the slow lane :(

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Ouch! Sad!

I've myself been stopped 4-5 times now and haven't got a single ticket.. not even a punish. I'm probably just so nice to talk to :)

I'm wondering.. is your car license and bike license bound together? so that if you get stopped on the car for speeding.. then you'll loose the bike license as well?

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hehe ya I hear ya !! Its a very nice day today in Northeast Ohio im gonna ride today. Guys aroud here dont even get chased by the cops if their on bikes. Me I can't do It, I would get caught or dead !! You've heard of the Starboyz, right ? They live around here. They do it all the time. Ive seen them on the highway before. They are awesome !!

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Swedie I think they are grouped together but I'm not positive.

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey Ltd what part of PA are You from ? We should hook up sometime, and go riding !! I'm from Akron, so maybe you could look up on Yahoo how far You are from Me and let Me know.

·
Nightmare About to Come True
1,889 Posts
We don't have a points system in Texas I have a friend who gets tickets all the time and either uses defensive driving classes or differed adjudication and poof they are gone.

·
R1's own
28 Posts
We just have photo radar here, The cops RARELY set up real radar traps. I haven't had a real ticket with points on my licence for over 4 years. (knock on wood) I just consider it speed tax if I get a ticket now.

Don't let anyone tell you photo radar is a bad thing.. I have gotten away with so much crap since those things came here it's rediculous.

Not that I promote or condone that sort of thing, tho. Oh no. That would be wrong. And stuff.:D

·
Registered
447 Posts
ChampionR1 said:
Hey Ltd what part of PA are You from ? We should hook up sometime, and go riding !! I'm from Akron, so maybe you could look up on Yahoo how far You are from Me and let Me know.
I live in Mechanicsburg which is right next to Harrisburg in central PA. According to Microsoft Streets and Trips it would take almost 5hrs to get to you from here via the turnpike. :(

·
Registered
778 Posts
fight it!

ChampionR1 said:
Anyone out there share my dilemma ? I just got My 3rd speeding ticket in 12 mon. period. All of them were in My car though. The third speeding ticket they popped Me for $280 and 6 points on My license. I have a total of 10 points 2 more points and My license is gone :( I think I have to wait 2 years till they drop off, so I have to take it easy for the next 2 years. This is a warning !! If You have 2 tickets in less than a year DO NOT get a third !! Thats Ohio though, not sure about other states.

Signed,

Stuck in the slow lane :(
Take the ticket to court - even if you are guilty. I'm not sure how your courts work in the US but in Canada if you fight a ticket and show up for your court date 2 things usually happen. One - officer does not show up and you get off scot free! or - you plea bargain with the cop and crown attorny before your trial and they usually let you plead to a lesser charge to save court time.

I just got a ticket on my bike 2 months ago (3 points 120.00 fine) - I was speeding :) Plead not guilty went to court and talked to the cop before my trial and he agreed to lessen the charge to a 40.00 fine and no points!!!

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too late the ticket is already a done deal :(

·
988 Of 1000 !!
988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whoa Ltd I thought it would be alot less than that !! 2 hrs. I probably figured :(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.