Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mr. UPS just dropped these off, can't wait to get these on :rock

Got them from forum sponsor IndySuperBikes. They will be going on in conjunction with new fluids, pads, and new Diablo's as soon as I can get it into the shop (2 more inches of that f*#king white sh*t last night) :yesnod
 

Attachments

· Clearin' leather...
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
I've got red HEL's coming in next week. Do you recommend new pads and what kind? What kind of fluid are you going to use? I searched a little on the forum and it looks like I'm going with Castrol SRT DOT 4.
 

· Faster than sh*t!!!
Joined
·
891 Posts
I was just looking at that set, do they include front and rear lines?

How much do they run?
 

· Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CBRADGO said:
I've got red HEL's coming in next week. Do you recommend new pads and what kind? What kind of fluid are you going to use? I searched a little on the forum and it looks like I'm going with Castrol SRT DOT 4.
I would recomend new pads & fluids if your changing lines.

I'm going with Ferodo CP911 pads (loved them on my 600), and Moterex fluid, also changing the reservoir lines over to clear :thumbup
 

· Clearin' leather...
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
Change reservoir lines to clear, why? :dunno
 

· Clearin' leather...
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
What kind of hose do you use and where are the res lines? Are they the short ones from the res to the main line? Not too familiar with brakes as of now but I'm learning. I think I'm going to have to take it in the:butt and have the stealership do the install unless my old mechaninc feels like making some $. He retired to selling cars now...:vanish
 

· Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CBRADGO said:
What kind of hose do you use and where are the res lines? Are they the short ones from the res to the main line? Not too familiar with brakes as of now but I'm learning. I think I'm going to have to take it in the:butt and have the stealership do the install unless my old mechaninc feels like making some $. He retired to selling cars now...:vanish
Yes, its the short lines from the reservoir's to the master cylinders :thumbup
 

· Clearin' leather...
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
So...what kind of clear tubing/hose do you use?
 

· Clearin' leather...
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
Rorlow, your bike is too sick...You got any pics of the MRA Blue mirrors, I want some. How do you like them? Any difference?
 

· Cheating death in the "D"
Joined
·
21,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
CBRADGO said:
Rorlow, your bike is too sick...You got any pics of the MRA Blue mirrors, I want some. How do you like them? Any difference?
Thanks, the bikes getting there (it's never done) :lol

There's better pics on my webpage, higher resolution, link below-
http://home.comcast.net/~rorlow32886/wsb/html/view.cgi-home.html-.html
Feel free to browse & sign the guest book.

I love the lense's, same as ones on my GF Audi TT, much better field of vision, better clarity at night, and they are even etched with MR logo :yesnod

On the tubing, its actually bluish/clear, my mechanic who works on my bike is an ex AMA racer, he turned me on to them & supplies them. He gets it in roll's and cuts to length :yesnod
 

Attachments

· Clearin' leather...
Joined
·
2,089 Posts
Think you could hook me up with some tubing?
 
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top