Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
782 Posts
Well, the Kawi looks pretty hot. Ugh no, let me re-phrase that. The Kawi looks kinda oogly, but it sure do make plenty of power. It is going to be a tough competitor. However, as someone posted a while back, the Kawi engineers had to revise the engine at the last minute to produce more power. They ended up extracting all they could from the design, so there is no headroom left. This is not true of the R1. Using the thinner head and base gaskets would increase the compression ratio and the power. Bone stock I think the Kawi is ~ 12.7 and the R1 12.3. Also, it looks like the Akra pipe will add mucho torque.

But, whatever, we must give the Kawi its due. It seems like it is a very hot bike. Maybe, actually better than the R1!
 

·
Speed is good.
Joined
·
1,940 Posts
More powerful, but I wouldn't go as far as to say better !! Even Big Daddy has secret fantasies about the R1... I'll bet his office is plastered with R1 pics.
 

·
Who's your Daddy!!
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
There was no 'last minute revision' of the engine in order to extract every bit of power, so stop reading the bathroom walls. The delay is for other items being addressed, in fact my local dealer informed me today it will be just 2 more weeks.

BD
 

·
Who's your Daddy!!
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
afabbrin said:
More powerful, but I wouldn't go as far as to say better !! Even Big Daddy has secret fantasies about the R1... I'll bet his office is plastered with R1 pics.
You found me out....:( :cryin

BD
 

·
Ghostrider Squadron
Joined
·
9,251 Posts
BD head is gonna swell up bigger than a watermelon with this. i think this will be close to others #s. i had figured the kawi being highest hp by 1-2 hp. really they are are close enuff now that h.p. not really factor. now handlling and rider skill will detemine which is faster bike. gonna be one hell of a good year for liter bikes!!!
 

·
Double Trouble
Joined
·
247 Posts
Yeah, more powerful does not always mean better. I'm sure the ZX-10R will be a lot faster in the straights but will it handle better? I doubt it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Well, it all seems a bit silly to me. There have already been published comparative dyno runs that show the Yamaha with the most HP and torque, so it seems the variation between different examples of the same bike (or uncertainty in the dyno runs themselves) is greater than the difference between the bikes. I would call that a tie.
 

·
Help!
Joined
·
64 Posts
I don't want to be a p-rick, but I just spent all afternoon at the dyno, and then a couple of hours putting everything together and posting the numbers on our site. Not five minutes after our page is up, some clown takes the charts and posts them over here.

Those charts are copyright, so it's illegal to do that. At least post a link showing where you got them from.

www.sportrider.com/features/146_0406_r1_dyno



AT
 

·
we meat again
Joined
·
18,549 Posts
Big Daddy said:
You found me out....:( :cryin

BD
I bet you have a R1 wallpaper too on your computer desktop... :crash :p
 

·
your mom looks hot
Joined
·
121 Posts
the internet never was the best place to keep something sacred.

andrew, thanks for all your work. rest assured, this info is much appreciated by this forum since we are all enthusiasts. if you notice, it says copyright all over those dynos, not to mention ti says www.sportrider.com all over them as well. i'd say you're getting credit where credit is due. after all, what is information if you don't share?

one other thing, the words "horn" and "mondo" are OVER.

AFM #774
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,114 Posts
Andrew Trevitt said:
I don't want to be a p-rick, but I just spent all afternoon at the dyno, and then a couple of hours putting everything together and posting the numbers on our site. Not five minutes after our page is up, some clown takes the charts and posts them over here.

Those charts are copyright, so it's illegal to do that. At least post a link showing where you got them from.

www.sportrider.com/features/146_0406_r1_dyno



AT
you're not being a prick.........
he aslo forgot to show the 03 gsxr 1000 dyno that has the gixxer killing it till the top end.
 

·
Who's your Daddy!!
Joined
·
5,449 Posts
1longR1 said:
BD head is gonna swell up bigger than a watermelon with this. i think this will be close to others #s. i had figured the kawi being highest hp by 1-2 hp. really they are are close enuff now that h.p. not really factor. now handlling and rider skill will detemine which is faster bike. gonna be one hell of a good year for liter bikes!!!
We don't need no stinkin watermelon! we gots 300lb pumpkins though..:p

Concept the R1, 10r,cbr & g1k were tested @ a euro track with different riders and every rider turned their quickest lap on the 10r.

DUFFMAN all the 04 liter bikes have whats referred to as ram-air.

BD
 

·
we meat again
Joined
·
18,549 Posts
Big Daddy said:
No, but i did have some kuztum toilet paper printed up with R1's all over it..:sneaky

BD
:lol

Hey you know, you can make a lot of :dollar by selling those on the Kawi and Gixxer forum... :sneaky
 

·
My R1 has a little weiner
Joined
·
485 Posts
Big Daddy said:
We don't need no stinkin watermelon! we gots 300lb pumpkins though..:p

Concept the R1, 10r,cbr & g1k were tested @ a euro track with different riders and every rider turned their quickest lap on the 10r.

DUFFMAN all the 04 liter bikes have whats referred to as ram-air.

BD
:lol :fact :yesnod
 
1 - 20 of 53 Posts
Top