Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from one of the folks at Sportrider:

"Check late tomorrow for it to be posted-we just got our test bike and if it's got enough miles on it I'll take it tomorrow."

I offered to help put the miles on but have not heard back. :(

It will be interesting to see how the R1 stacks up against the 10R on the Sportrider dyno (which seems to be on the high side). I am guessing the R1 will put up a rwhp number north of 162. :fork :scared

·
WUZ-UP !
4,355 Posts
Cool Thanks..............it'll be around 4,000,000 hp ?
OK maybe a little less ?

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
you'r all forgeting if they will test it with a blower or not.
Fact from yamaha 172 crank, 180 w/ ram air so 8 hp increase from whatever the dyno states is your final out of the box bwhp. so remember that. I bet they wont test it with a blower for max performance. If I remember right, blower doesnt really give the true ram air affect so it'll be off a bit.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I'm good friends with Ivan from Rockland county motorcycle and he has his 04 R1 he has not put on the dyno to get a base line. When he dose I will post a graph. We were talking to day and ivan and myself both are looking for around 160hp with a full pipe and a good map.

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,449 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
you'r all forgeting if they will test it with a blower or not.
Fact from yamaha 172 crank, 180 w/ ram air so 8 hp increase from whatever the dyno states is your final out of the box bwhp. so remember that. I bet they wont test it with a blower for max performance. If I remember right, blower doesnt really give the true ram air affect so it'll be off a bit.
Yes the same would be true for ANY bike Sport Rider dyno's, either way its tested just as the rest are so not to worry.

BTW it will be south of 155rwhp.:lol

BD

·
Taming the Beast.
507 Posts
nothing like being optimistic (sarcasm)

·
The R1 is so Money
192 Posts
I was pretty much drunk and stoned thru my engineering classes. Looking at the dyno AT posted, the old GSXR will pull the new R1 from about 6000-11000 rpms. Torque and HP are higher.
If a engine revs quicker, Lighter crank will it reach peak HP faster. Instead of HP vs rpm, HP vs time.

Chappelle "Hey hey hey hey, smoke weed everyday"

·
Banned
3,449 Posts
Andy23, whats your deal man? First, you come on the R1-Forum and trash talk about the R1 with your sarcastic beligerentness, then you talk up the zx10r andyour 750 like their the shit of all the bikes in the world. Yea, it has 3 more ponies than the one but how long did it take them to develop it? 6 LONG ASS YEARS!!!!!!!! Six years and all they could come up with is 3...count 'em... 1, 2, 3 more horse power than the one that started it all. Hell, It looks like they stole the '98 model R1 as a starting design. I'll give it props because it it a sweet bike. I never once made a disrespectful comment about the zx10r or the 1krr. The gixxr's a whole new ball game. And wasnt it you that had the 750? what the fcuk is "YZF-R2"" A lame ass joke? Good one ace. I've been lurking around a long time and your about the only one thats really pissed me off. Saying dumbass retorts to our guys stating fact that the R1 is by far the best looking bike, then you have to put your two cents saying "thats all you guys say" or " Havent heard that one before." Wake up call!!!!!! In general I, or anyone in their right mind would rather be driving something like a Ferrarri rather than a fcked up looking station wagon...with one headlight. This isn't a personal attack so dont take it as one. All I'm trying to say is calm down with your sarcastic disrespectful mouth before you get banned. Remember where you are.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts