Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this just in from the Sportrider site.

On their special dyno (the same one that a few weeks ago got the CBR1000RR @ 153 BHP) has just finished with their ZX10R testing.

The results, a whopping 161.8 BHP!

Amazing.

info is here: www.sportrider.com

How you like those numbers?

Woohoo

Tarl
 

·
My R1 has a little weiner
Joined
·
485 Posts
Thats very nice.
Wonder why their dyno shows more torque than the G1k? It was down by 8 in the German mag.
Thanks Tarl
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
310 Posts
Andy29 said:
Thats very nice.
Wonder why their dyno shows more torque than the G1k? It was down by 8 in the German mag.
Thanks Tarl

Why do you keep trying to compare DIFFERENT dynos???? You can't do that and make any kind of intelligent statement.
 

·
My R1 has a little weiner
Joined
·
485 Posts
Greg Crowe said:
Why do you keep trying to compare DIFFERENT dynos???? You can't do that and make any kind of intelligent statement.
If I made an intelligent statement you wouldn't be able to understand it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
326 Posts
See a pattern here???...........SportRider's dyno seems higher than everyone elses'.............even higher stock numbers than two recent posts of the new litre bikes with aftermarket exhausts...............Aren't they the only ones with 152 hp for a gixxer 1000..........highest I've seen so far recently for the CBR1000, and now highest for stock zx10 numbers. Hmmmm...........................?????
 

·
Cornering Enthusiast
Joined
·
1,747 Posts
:sleep
 

·
Moving Chicane
Joined
·
782 Posts
Hey boys, Sportrider uses a Superflow dyno. Superflows will not be directly comparable to DJ numbers like you guys are use to seeing. They read higher than DJ.

Expect the R1 to be similarly be impressive on their dyno.

Greg is right in on this, comparing very dissimlar dyno's is not valid.

Hey BD....where are ya, did ya fall asleep:p :p
 

·
Tuning forks all the way
Joined
·
136 Posts
Looking at the SuperFlow site I see that their cycle dyno has a "Blower Module [that] provides airflow proportional to motorcyle speed over the airbox, engine, and rear tire" I also looked at dynojet's site and saw no mention of such a device. This leads me to a conclusion that the performance results from Sportrider's test is also taking into account the effects of the ram air. If I am correct, than the based on preivous posts of performance #'s for the R1 similar results should be expected when Sport Rider does thier R1 dyno test. So, for the numbers we've seen so far 150's vs 160's both can be believable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Greg's right! You can have two (2) different dynos or a dozen different type dynos and it's like comparing apples to oranges.

Tarl
 

·
Who's your Daddy!!
Joined
·
5,465 Posts
erixR1 said:
Hey boys, Sportrider uses a Superflow dyno. Superflows will not be directly comparable to DJ numbers like you guys are use to seeing. They read higher than DJ.

Expect the R1 to be similarly be impressive on their dyno.

Greg is right in on this, comparing very dissimlar dyno's is not valid.

Hey BD....where are ya, did ya fall asleep:p :p
You guys are wearing my finger tips thin with all the responses i've gotta make, hell Santa ain't got nuthin on me..:no

As for the dyno graph, uh i'd be willing to bet the operator stuffed 4doz guinea pigs tuned up on crack into the drum before the 10 got strapped down.

BD
 
1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Top