Other than the number of teeth
98-03 16-43
04 17-45
Does anyone know if 98-03 sprockets will fit 04 bikes

·
Jacksonville Jaguars Baby!!
116 Posts
I's like to know as well!!

I have access to a 2002 16 tooth front sprocket... i wonder if it will fit?????????

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
i guess no one knows yet will take alittle bit before anyone does

·
Blue is faster!
301 Posts
This has been asked in another thread. Yes, the rear is the same bolt pattern I would admagine the front is aswell. I have a new rear so it does fit.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Front sprockets are pretty standard. I'm 99% sure the 98-03 16 tooth will fit on the 04. If my 04 ever gets here(shipped from the warehouse 13 days ago) my first mod will be to put the original 16 tooth front sprocket off my 98 on the 04.

·
Ghostrider Squadron
9,251 Posts
yes the front is suppose to fit. it was in earlier thread and guy had one off 02 and put it on.... well i have my 16 in hand waiting for my bike....should be in any minute. just had yamaha truck drop off i rhino.... it left cali on monday.....but its raing like SOB right now. the stock is coming off with 0 miles on it. ill post some pics of sprocket change .

·
Jacksonville Jaguars Baby!!
116 Posts
yipee!!!

let us know bros! I'm most likely going to go down one in the front and up one in the back at my 600 mile service.

·
Registered
3 Posts
After regearing the R1 how do you correct the speedo? I know the yellow box works on the 12R, but I was wondering on the R1?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts