Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I cut a couple of rows off the bottom of the radiator to accomodate the 125/80 dunlop front tire without having to change my geometry one bit. Wooohooooooooo You can see a piece of metal engulfing the bottom of the radiator in the first pic.

Sorry for the bad pics. I spent all my money on the bikes so I can't afford a new camera. lol

This new shade of red which I've affectionately labeled "Turbo Red", is a special blend of candy apple red on top of a silver base. In person you can see a subtle hint of flake. Very rich and very deep. Enjoy.

I threw on some SATO rearsets and changed all my fluids. Man this thing shifts like butter. lol

This will be my first season running the NTech Dunlops. I'm looking forward to it too. :D

Don't mind the chicken strip. BeaveRun was all rights. :D

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Some more I took today.

You can really see how deep this red is when parked next to the MV. I wish you guys could see it in person.

On another note, I see the thread about the Roebling track day but I don't have any more vacation time until Jan. Doh!

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yo Turbo, I think you mean "N-Tech" Dunlops. don`t forget they run a lower pressure (I think it`s 22psi COLD). I raced these last year, they(N-techs) hook up better on corner exit, but they don`t last as long as the regular slick.
Hope to ride with you this year, haven`t seen you in a while.

ps, your bike sure looks purty:crash
Thanks man. I guess that's what I get for not reading the side of the tire. N Techs. lol

I ran the front but haven't run the rear yet. I can do NO WRONG on that front.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
i've been good man...just working and daydreaming bout riding.
ny winter sucks!

i'm working with Shadow Video next season...so i'll be at almost every event next season. :flex:
That's a good gig. Congrats.

Why don't you get down with us for this jennings trip next month? I'll PM you the info if you're interested.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.