·
BESTOFRIENDS-WORST OF ENEMIES
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one do u recommend? TIA

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
We sell Galfer and I've personally used there lines on about every bike I've had in the last 8 years with no troubles at all :)

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I've been running the Hel's on my '06 R6 with no issues. Easy to install and they offer great feel and feedback.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with either one. I've been running the Hel's on my '06 R6 with no issues. Easy to install and they offer great feel and feedback.
:iamwithst ...I've got the HEL's on my R1 and haven't had any issues. Like Randy said, they're easy to install and you get great feel and feedback from them. But I'm sure you could get a hold of Shane or anyone at McCoy Motorsports and they'll be happy to get you set up with some Galfers. Haven't heard anything bad about their lines either.

·
It's all about the lean angle
205 Posts
I have HEL on my '05 R1 and they were easy to install and lifetime warrenty.
The only drawback to them that I didn't like and doesn't effect function so don't get me wrong.......is the front lines from the factory is one line out of the mastercylinder to a "Y" block to split the feed for each caliper mounted under the nose of the bike.
The HEL lines use a longer bolt on the mastercylinder and you stack the 2 lines and run 2 lines from master to each caliper. There is nothing to mount and secure the lines down to the old "Y" mount point. You have to zip-tie and secure the lines. If you don't I could see them loosening up under the vibrations and leaking.
Haven't seen the Galfer lines to see if they did a better job w/ this or not. If they did I will look into swapping over. Maybe.

·
Boss of Twenty 9 year olds
268 Posts
I just won some Galfer front lines from the forum contests, cant wait to recieve them, as well as purchase some rears from McCoy as a note of thanks for my fronts. I looked up the how to, and can honestly say that thus far I've installed all my mods myself, but this one, is scaring me. Should I man up and just do it, or have it done by a pro like KenishR1?

·
Frank the Tank RPTB
6,223 Posts
I have Galfer on ALL my bikes, never had any problems and the service is TOP NOTCH.....I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone

·
Premium Member
30,475 Posts
Hoolihan it's always best to have someone that's done it help you out. I prefer to use a brake bleeder and then manually "pump and hold" about 10 times each side to get them god and air bubble free... :fact

·
Convention main man
13,730 Posts
I used Galfer on all my racebikes and supermoto bike too. I have never had any problems with the Galfer lines at all. I have also used their race pads and street pads which are also all excellent. I just sold my wheels wiht Galfer rotors on them that I used to race last year. Not only do they look killer but they actually do work and lessen brake fad.

·
Shane loves........me
10,198 Posts
I just won some Galfer front lines from the forum contests, cant wait to recieve them, as well as purchase some rears from McCoy as a note of thanks for my fronts. I looked up the how to, and can honestly say that thus far I've installed all my mods myself, but this one, is scaring me. Should I man up and just do it, or have it done by a pro like KenishR1?

:hammer: :hammer:

I used Goodridge lines on my bike for the last 2.5 years and no problemo's yet!

·
ELWOOD
5,148 Posts
ive had russel lines on my previous bikes and galfer on my current...they all have been great...

·
GODSPEED Chad
5,413 Posts

·
Go in deeper come out faster
6,403 Posts
Any of you running HH+ full metallic pads on your bikes? I love em once they heat up but when cold they squeak like a little biatch at slow speed stops....

·
BESTOFRIENDS-WORST OF ENEMIES
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanx for the helpful feedback guys. Im most likely goin W/ galfers Since one of my favorite vendors has em' and recommends them. However Ive heard that quality wise they are not up to par but at the same time I havent seen one myself. So I guess I'll give it a try and see how they are.
and moneypit"- thanx for explaining the 2 line stack that hel offers.:)

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.