Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So who here is in Stl and the surrounding areas? I've got a couple years left in the Navy and I'm probably moving back to South County.
Brandon

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I live over on the East side in Belleville, actually out at Scott AFB. But grew in the STL area. Go on rides all the time over on the MO side of the river down on the alphabet roads. When you get back to the area, take a look at the St. Louis Area Riders forum (www.STLAR.com) good group of guys to ride and do TD's with, the forum is usually pretty quiet during the off-season, but picks up when the riding starts... I see it says you're deployed now, where are you at? I'm out right now myself in Qatar.

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I live over on the East side in Belleville, actually out at Scott AFB. But grew in the STL area. Go on rides all the time over on the MO side of the river down on the alphabet roads. When you get back to the area, take a look at the St. Louis Area Riders forum (www.STLAR.com) good group of guys to ride and do TD's with, the forum is usually pretty quiet during the off-season, but picks up when the riding starts... I see it says you're deployed now, where are you at? I'm out right now myself in Qatar.

Thanks bro. I might see you in the near future.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I'll be back in STL around May 1st.

Who wants to ride with a guy on a "slow" R6. :lol
Are you from the STL area? I thought you lived in Jacksonville... I'll be in the area (as far as I know) so hit me up when you're on your way and I'm sure the group I ride with would be down for a ride. How long are you going to be in the STL?

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Are you from the STL area? I thought you lived in Jacksonville... I'll be in the area (as far as I know) so hit me up when you're on your way and I'm sure the group I ride with would be down for a ride. How long are you going to be in the STL?

I'm from STL. Joined the Navy and was stationed in Jax twice. Now I'm stationed in Maine. But when I get out I am moving back to STL.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Stationed in Jacksonville. NC not FL.

I'll be in STL until August when I move to columbia, Mo. to go to college.
I figured you were in NC since you knew Dan and Scott. You'll be getting back to the STL area right when the riding season is starting to get good. Like I said before, hit me up when you get back to the area. If you're still going to the convention, then maybe we can convoy down.

·
Famous on the R6 forums
598 Posts
I figured you were in NC since you knew Dan and Scott. You'll be getting back to the STL area right when the riding season is starting to get good. Like I said before, hit me up when you get back to the area. If you're still going to the convention, then maybe we can convoy down.
I'll definetly hit you up man. As of right now I'm carpooling with Paytheon. He's driving through Saint Louis and offered to load my bike in his trailer and ride with so I think I'm gonna go that route.

If you want to split a cabin though I am looking for people. I need to lock on lodging still.

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I really want to go the convention too. I'll be fresh of deployment sooo if I take leave Annie wants me to go to her parents cuz I haven't been there in a while. Plus she is afraid of the cost of the convention. On a good note she rides and would like to go too. I'll just have to wait and see.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I'll definetly hit you up man. As of right now I'm carpooling with Paytheon. He's driving through Saint Louis and offered to load my bike in his trailer and ride with so I think I'm gonna go that route.

If you want to split a cabin though I am looking for people. I need to lock on lodging still.
That's cool, when are ya'll heading down? I live over on the East side of the river at Scott, so ya'll will more than likely come right past me headin down 64. I usually split a cabin up on Shuckstack with Scott and gang.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
I really want to go the convention too. I'll be fresh of deployment sooo if I take leave Annie wants me to go to her parents cuz I haven't been there in a while. Plus she is afraid of the cost of the convention. On a good note she rides and would like to go too. I'll just have to wait and see.
You should try to talk her into going.:fact It's always a GREAT time with GREAT people! I took the wife a couple of years back and she had a good time and she doesn't ride. There's plenty to do, you don't have to be on the bike all the time to have fun in that area!

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You should try to talk her into going.:fact It's always a GREAT time with GREAT people! I took the wife a couple of years back and she had a good time and she doesn't ride. There's plenty to do, you don't have to be on the bike all the time to have fun in that area!

Yeah I bet it is! Her main reason is she wants to go see the family. She would like to go too. I think it's quite a spendy adventure unless I have a
roomie:dunno Plus I can only take so much leave. We'll see.

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
Yeah I bet it is! Her main reason is she wants to go see the family. She would like to go too. I think it's quite a spendy adventure unless I have a
roomie:dunno Plus I can only take so much leave. We'll see.
I hear ya. Every year I've got to plan a couple of trips to see the family, but luckily for me most of our family is in NE TN, VA and NC... prime ridin! The convention can be a little pricey if you're in a cabin solo, but there are hotel rooms that aren't as expensive (if I remember right) and not far from all the Shuckstack action. There are usually a few that opt to stay there... something else to consider. Actually, the biggest expense is fuel to and from the convention and while you're down there...

·
Famous on the R6 forums
598 Posts
That's cool, when are ya'll heading down? I live over on the East side of the river at Scott, so ya'll will more than likely come right past me headin down 64. I usually split a cabin up on Shuckstack with Scott and gang.
We'll be there for the whole week so I am assuiming the day prior to the start of the convention. When I have confirmed dates I will let you know.

If hear of an opening in someones cabin please let me know.

So are you in M....something, Il. That little town right outside of the base?

·
Sup
17,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I hear ya. Every year I've got to plan a couple of trips to see the family, but luckily for me most of our family is in NE TN, VA and NC... prime ridin! The convention can be a little pricey if you're in a cabin solo, but there are hotel rooms that aren't as expensive (if I remember right) and not far from all the Shuckstack action. There are usually a few that opt to stay there... something else to consider. Actually, the biggest expense is fuel to and from the convention and while you're down there...

Right on. I'll make it down one of these years.:crash

·
The Goldenchild
4,451 Posts
We'll be there for the whole week so I am assuiming the day prior to the start of the convention. When I have confirmed dates I will let you know.

If hear of an opening in someones cabin please let me know.

So are you in M....something, Il. That little town right outside of the base?
Mascoutah is what you're thinkin of... but no, I live out on the base itself. If I moved back off base I would probably go back to Belleville or O'fallon (IL). I'm plannin on being there the whole week too and will probably leave EARLY morning on the 15th (Sun.) to get there by late afternoon. I'll be sure to let you know if I hear of any openings in any of the cabins.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.