Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Baby Blue
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO NOT ORDER FROM THESE GUYS!!!

Heres the story: My girlfriend ordered me a ZG windscreen for $59.95, as it says on their web-site. Well the bill comes and they charge her $69.95. So she calls the store and they tell her the $59.95 is that price because there is a scratch on it. Needless to sat they didnt mention that. So after arguing for 5 minutes the guy finally agrees to give her the $10. Now $10 isnt a lot but its the principal of the whole thing. False advertising, rude employees whatever. So then I call about the same issue. The guys says yes its $59.95, but when I ask him why he charged my girlfriend $69.95, he put me on hold for 5 minutes only to come back and say the its scratched. Well I asked him when he was going to tell me this and he studdered and said when I ordered it. So to make a long story short, dont bother ordering from Star Cycle. I have heard them screwing people before. Just thought I would share this with you guys.

· Hooligan
195 Posts
I've heard the same thing from other people about them. I know a lot of dealers are scum bags, but if you can find a decent one and buy from them rather than mail order, things go much smoother. There is a dealer that is about an hour and half from me but it's worth the trip. Its an excuse to ride too. They know you can buy mailorder and appreciate that you buy from them.

· Baby Blue
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My experience with them has been bad so that is why I posted this. Just to give people a heads up before they consider buying from them. Used to work in a garage where word of mouth was big, so I know the importance of customer satisfaction. Anyway just venting my anger.

SmokeEater I had a great dealer I used to deal with, but they only deal with Kawa's so I need to find another one.

Anyone know of some good ones in central CT?

:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.