Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the screw that holds the wire to the starter have to be captive or whatever like the battery terminals? It fell out somehow took me forever to find out why the bike wouldnt start. I was wondering can I get a screw to fit it from anywhere and use it.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
martinc said:
You mean you lost the bolt somewhat?

Its screwed on the crankcase...if that helps.
I know that! I am saying the screw that holds the black wire to the starter that gives it pwer fell out. I know the battery terminals use special screw to hold them in. Does this wire need a screw of the same type of metal or can you use any type of screw.

·
El Assholio Supremo del Mundo
10,626 Posts
martinc said:
Anything without anodizing on it will do.
I wouldn't try to out think yourself and use stainless either.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So I guess I need to go order it from the dealer. Thanks guys. Hey martinc remember when I blew that gasket beaause of my vent hose. Well what are the odds that my engine is now in need of a rebuild? It was only kinked for a 20 minutes and besides the cover gasket let out all the pressure. I have all kinds of engine noise now that doesnt sound good. But the bike rides really good to me, same as it did before the accident. I am so tired of messing with it I feel like taking it to the dealer, but I know what they will do. I cant tell if my exup is ticking or it is coming from the bottom of the oil pan. And I have a slick knock coming from around the clutch area. I give up!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.