Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok had a problem all winter starting to bike it would crank and crank and crank and then eventually it would start the valves are out of adjustment I had two valves adjusted the bike runs great he recently it started dragging when I was started it eventually would start so that the battery was weak not so is the case as I replace the battery to the starter relay finding out that it was a starter to whole time I've now replace the starter and I don't seem to be getting power to the fuel pump because my power commander does not power up either does anybody know what wire coming out of the fuel pump relay is the power wire for the fuel pump or offer any kind of help it is my only form of transportation and it really needs to be back on the road she's going to kill me if I don't get it out of the garage promise you that

·
Registered
295 Posts
Culprit sounds like your starter solenoid switch. The plug that fits into it might not be sitting properly, or the 15 or 30 amp fuse on it might not be making proper contact (happens with new solenoid switches. Depend on where you got your solenoid, some of them have faulty connections and will only work if you fit in the plug that goes in it the wrong way. You should also check that you've not connected the solenoid terminals wrong; the red terminal from the battery should connect to the fuse side of the solenoid, usually tagged B

Sent from my SM-A305F using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts