Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Rectifier or Stator???????

I have an 05 R1 with a Brand New Battery. It will not start up every time. Some times it will but most of the time I either have to put it on the charger or jump start it. I know its not the battery because i just took the other one back of just 4 months old and they (Battery's Plus) gave me a new one. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. And does anyone here know if the Rectifier or the Stator is not working how to tell which one of them is bad or if both are?

· Premium Member
39,036 Posts
The manual will show you how to test the regulator and stator or even the starter. Usually when the reg goes out, the connectors get burned up on the harness. Starter, it just doesn't feel as strong when you push the starter button.

· Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Stator/Rectifier

Should i charge my battery before i check my stator/rectifier? Kinda in the dark on this kinda stuff as far as the mechanical side. And is there a place you recommend buying aftermarket?

· Premium Member
39,036 Posts
You can charge it but it might already be beyond hope. Just boost with the car while looking for the source of the drain. You'll see corrosion or actual burns on the harness. Then check stator and then starter. One at a time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.