Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Shamalama Dingdong
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taking into consideration I had a motorcycle accident several years ago, and a speeding ticket in 2005 on my record:

I got quoted $108/month from Geico, $133 from Progressive.

State Farm: $86 AND they have uninsured motorist cover included, the other guys did not.

State Farm all the way.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
$30 per month from state farm here too.

·
Premium Member
18,763 Posts
I'm 24, no tickets(on my record), no accidents, and I pay $270 a month for my 99 F350 and my 03 R1... $250 deductible.. State farm.. Sucks living in NOVA.. Hopefully it will drop when I turn 25 in May..

·
Cheese is 50 cents extra.
206 Posts
I have state farm too.
Full coverage $41.50 a month

·
Registered
272 Posts
just picked up state farm on my truck a couple months ago, waiting until my insurance with progressive runs out on the bikes at the end of the month to switch over to state farm.

·
Super Moderator
21,722 Posts
I'm 24, no tickets(on my record), no accidents, and I pay $270 a month for my 99 F350 and my 03 R1... $250 deductible.. State farm.. Sucks living in NOVA.. Hopefully it will drop when I turn 25 in May..
Damn, $3,240 a year!!!! :scared Sucks being male and at the high risk age. No way around it. Yes, with State Farm it will drop a little when you turn 25 and even more at 30.

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
i dont remeber it going down much if any at 30 but then again that was afew years ago. i also have my 2 cars and my home owners policy with them. i was getting the good driver discount but we'll see how that changes seeing as though my gf just rolled our trailblazer last month. :scared

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
I pay 71.50 a month for full coverage and $250 deductable. Not too bad considering where I live. Still I wish they would give me more money back at the end of the year.

·
Have keys, Will Travel
285 Posts
I'm overseas and pay $108.66 for full coverage American style insurance, I'm 24 so maybe I will see a discount next year.

But my 2.5ltr Skyline GTST is only $66 a month.... So I guess it kinda evens out...

·
Registered
477 Posts
Taking into consideration I had a motorcycle accident several years ago, and a speeding ticket in 2005 on my record:

I got quoted $108/month from Geico, $133 from Progressive.

State Farm: $86 AND they have uninsured motorist cover included, the other guys did not.

State Farm all the way.

Is this quote for a year or just 6 months?

when i was looking for insurance the State Farm rep told me that they only do 6 month.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
State Farm rocked until my bike got jacked and they told me I was only insured up to $2000. I was like WTF I have full coverage FU!!! They told me they asked me the value of the bike when I started the policy and I told them $2000, which was false.:nforc:

I wrote a letter to department of insurance who made State Farm pay me fair market value.:epimp

Moral of the story. If your on a SAID WORTH policy (everywhere on the east coast not on the west coast) Make sure they have the correct value down for your bike.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.