Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to this have 2002 yamaha r1 not charging ,friend f mine checked it out says stator fried ,anyway new stator went in 2 yrs back and not a big mileage biker bought it off MTP racing Germany ,put in new rectifier as well but it turned out faulty so put old one back in and all checked out fine ,but here i am with stator fecked again .Any recomendations where to purchase , im in Ireland .MTP are doing a package deal for both 139 euro .Thanks

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Hi all new to this have 2002 yamaha r1 not charging ,friend f mine checked it out says stator fried ,anyway new stator went in 2 yrs back and not a big mileage biker bought it off MTP racing Germany ,put in new rectifier as well but it turned out faulty so put old one back in and all checked out fine ,but here i am with stator fecked again .Any recomendations where to purchase , im in Ireland .MTP are doing a package deal for both 139 euro .Thanks
Almost all of the aftermarket stators are Made in China. A genuine stator, if you can still get them, and the MOSFET reg/rec off the later model R1 should fix it for good. It should be plug and play on your model.

The reg/rec you want is the Shindengen FH020AA. eBay is flooded with fakes but there's a couple of sellers supplying genuine ones.

What do you think of your 2002?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Almost all of the aftermarket stators are Made in China. A genuine stator, if you can still get them, and the MOSFET reg/rec off the later model R1 should fix it for good. It should be plug and play on your model.

The reg/rec you want is the Shindengen FH020AA. eBay is flooded with fakes but there's a couple of sellers supplying genuine ones.

What do you think of your 2002?

Well how's it going ,thanks for info bit annoying stripping her every 2 years even do it's not big job .I love the bike have it 6 yrs now ,have straight bar conversion so v comfy ta ride .What ya on urself .

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Well how's it going ,thanks for info bit annoying stripping her every 2 years even do it's not big job .I love the bike have it 6 yrs now ,have straight bar conversion so v comfy ta ride .What ya on urself .
When I bought my '99 6 years ago, the charging system wasn't working properly, and the battery would gradually go flat. Fortunately the stator was OK and the new reg/rec fixed it. No problems since then. It did need some rewiring on my bike though.

My bike came with bar risers and is quite comfortable. Great fun to ride.

·
My R1 eats chip & seal.
65 Posts
A recent reply by me on this issue #13 on the pasted thread:

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
A recent reply by me on this issue #13 on the pasted thread:
Exactly. 6 years and 33,000 miles for me, and the battery is more than 5 years old and still good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts