Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
PIN IT!!!!!
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the symptoms of a bad stator are? I was riding and when I go home I noticed all my lights including the gauge lights were dim almost off. I turned off the bike and tried to turn it back on and nothing. Had the battery tested and it was at 95%. The guy said it was the stator. any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.:fork

·
silverstone metallic 01
26 Posts
stator

my bike is doing something similar. after i put a new battery in i rode for about 45 miles. then my speedometer and gauges quit on me. found a few things on here about it being the plug on the regulator. you may want to try that. i checked mine and it turned out to be the red wire on the plug that goes to the regulator. going to try to fix it today or tomorrow since we have nice weather right now.

·
silverstone metallic 01
26 Posts
my plug was burnt black on the red wire. replaced it and still having the same problem. replacing the regulator next week. hoping that will fix my problem. too cold to ride right now anyways.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.