Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I live in Los Angeles and I own a 2007 r1. The stator burnt out. It only has 15,080 miles on it. I know it’s the stator because I took the battery to charge and it was fine and then I actually took out the stator.
Now my question should I just have some one else install it for me?
Or should I continue doing it myself?
How much does one charge for that?
Do I have to change the something else other than the stator? Like the rectifier or the cylinder that surrounds the stator?
I’ve looked it up and no one really gives any good advice so I hope you guys can help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
If you took it out you should be able to do the install. My advice would be to get your original stator rewound. It should be cheaper than the oem part and should outperform and out last it.

Be sure the rest of the system is working as it should, stator failures and rectifier/regulator failures can often go hand in hand.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you took it out you should be able to do the install. My advice would be to get your original stator rewound. It should be cheaper than the oem part and should outperform and out last it.

Be sure the rest of the system is working as it should, stator failures and rectifier/regulator failures can often go hand in hand.

Thanks. I looked up the parts on eBay and Amazon and it’s seems the parts are cheap but I am not sure if I should buy them because the prices are really low.

Seems like I can do the whole job under 200
Does that sound right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
It's a relatively easy job. Just make sure when you're lining everything up that you don't drop any of the rubber spacers! Otherwise you'll have to drop the oil pan to fish it out. Also, if you're having trouble lining everything up or having the gears mesh up, try rocking the bike forward and backward in gear. That should help everything mesh and pop in.

·
R1, "One Hell of an Addiction"
14,032 Posts

Agreed,I replaced the stator on my old 02 and ended up having to also replace the rectifier/regulator after the fact.

:wink2:

Edit: Do it yourself and learn how to work on your bike, you'll save a bunch of money plus if you have the service manual and follow the directions you'll know it's done correctly. Many in house bike machanics don't give a sh!t about your bike and ruch through the job and end up fvcking it up..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts