Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· #BikeLife
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

On my previous bike, the ZX6R, i had these rear set plates in which the stock rearset could be adjusted to another heigh. I can't remmeber what the name of this product is called but i was wondering if they have it for the 2006 R1? Im pretty tall so i like the rearset a little lower and more behind then stock. I have attached a picture, kinda blurry but if you look at my rearset, they are attached to another plate. (thats what i am looking for). Any help would be appreciated! Thank you!

· Administrator
27,554 Posts
Stock R1 rearsets do not have this. :no

Right now your only choice would be to buy aftermarket rearsets. I'd recommend Driven rearsets from motomummy.com :yesnod

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Go with the Vortex's

· I RACE U LOSE
4,145 Posts
They're much stronger than stock, so they resist damage to themselves as well as the bike. Vortex's give the best bang for the $$, and are extremely grippy , so much they are very rough on a boots sole. I have them on my '06, and highly recommend them.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
They are a bit expensive... But, you get what you pay for... I can only speak to the Vortex's as I personally own them... But, every single piece of those rearsets can be ordered and replaced separately which is extremely convenient and cheaper than ordering new rearsets in the event something happens. I always was hesitant to bite the bullet on rearsets too but they really are worth every penny. The added strength, adjustability, replacement parts, etc. makes them worth it...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.