Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone in my "commuting hell" thread recommended stomp grip.

I just wanted to know, how does this stuff affect your pants? I have to wear a suit for work, so I don't want it making the thigh area all shitty on expensive suits.

Any advice would be MUCH APPRECIATED! :)

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
Someone in my "commuting hell" thread recommended stomp grip.

I just wanted to know, how does this stuff affect your pants? I have to wear a suit for work, so I don't want it making the thigh area all shitty on expensive suits.

Any advice would be MUCH APPRECIATED! :)
why would you even be considering it with a suit on? and commuting to work?:dunno

·
Registered
169 Posts
it wont rip them at all. I have it on my gas tank to hold me for tank wheelies and it does not rip them. The quote you will find on most stunt sites that sell it is "just as grippy as grip tape without ripping holes in your jeans"

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool. I'll give it a shot.

To the poster 2 posts above:

1. I leave my suit jackets at work and wear pants, business shirt and leather jacket on the bike; and

2. I have no choice but to ride because my ex took the car!

·
Registered
169 Posts

1. I leave my suit jackets at work and wear pants, business shirt and leather jacket on the bike; and

Damn that sucks. Well at least ya got the R1.
And stompgrip really isnt agressive at all. Heres a pic of it on my tank to give ya an idea.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts

but 'why' do you feel you 'need' it for commuting?..... i use it on my bike , but it is useless unless hanging off the bike at 200+ k.p.h.:yesnod

·
I'm an Englishman in WI.
33,700 Posts
I would suggest leaving your jacket and pants at work and wearing good gear while riding, I always wear my gear to work and change when I get there.
You'll wish you did if you go down in suit pants.

·
Gixxer killer
216 Posts
blur1- maybe he uses his bike for more than just commuting? Its possible to use the bike for more than one thing.

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
blur1- maybe he uses his bike for more than just commuting? Its possible to use the bike for more than one thing.
1st welcome to last week, and second 'commute' 'work' and 'suit' were all words posted by him , not me.:fact

·
I have titanium in my bones
600 Posts
All it'll do is shove your pant legs up into your crotch... lol.

Been riding daily with stomps since '04 no matter what pants the occasion calls for. That being said... the dressers are gonna be riddin' hard after a few red lights and def gonna need an adjustment here and there.

·
Squid
3,371 Posts

You might consider investing in an Aerostich-type suit that would fit over your business attire or street clothes.

If you wear, for example, a size 48 suit, a size-48 Aerostitch would be designed to fit over your street clothes.

They say you can take it off or slip it on in about 20 seconds, and they provide excellent protection from not only crashes, but also weather.

www.aerostich.com

·
Binning it
690 Posts
I use tech spec pads. They are about $42 US + $10 shipping!

About $55 AUD at the current exchange rate. They are not as "abrasive" as stomp grips but still grip well in a full crouch

·
Registered
358 Posts
I know it's off topic, but I can vouch for Aerostich. Super comfortable, comparable to leather protection, waterproof, goes on/off in 20 sec, and I can wear almost anything underneath it. I wear it on road trips, to track days, and in weddings. OK, maybe not weddings. Yet.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.