Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
R is for Respect
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've looked on Stompgrip's web-site, but under their 'buy here' pictures... the stompgrip for the '05 R1 looks different.

I found the pic below somewhere on the net and like the shape of it.

Can anyone confirm if this is what the '05 R1 stompgrip looks like or is it one piece and the pic below is something someone did by cutting it themselves. (though, the 2 pieces have rounded edges and it looks like it was made that way from the factory....who knows, maybe this stompgrip is from a different bike)

For that matter.... maybe the bike pictured below is something else...it might even be an FZ-1....

·
Banned
31,510 Posts
i reckon 99% it's bought that way because if you 'cut' your own , you end up with the dimples close to the edges!
like on mine here that 'i cut'.

Attachments

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,936 Posts
I've looked on Stompgrip's web-site, but under their 'buy here' pictures... the stompgrip for the '05 R1 looks different.

I found the pic below somewhere on the net and like the shape of it.

Can anyone confirm if this is what the '05 R1 stompgrip looks like or is it one piece and the pic below is something someone did by cutting it themselves. (though, the 2 pieces have rounded edges and it looks like it was made that way from the factory....who knows, maybe this stompgrip is from a different bike)

For that matter.... maybe the bike pictured below is something else...it might even be an FZ-1....

That's an R6 in your picture...

·
R is for Respect
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
actually --- I did....

I'm waiting back for a response.

I'll post up the results ---- the 2 piece grip looks amazing and is in the right spot it needs to be!

thanks for posting up!

·
R is for Respect
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Actually --- I think your right.... the bike is an R-6 AND looks like the '07 from the tanks shape.

I'm not sure where the pic came from, but Stompgrip must have the '07 versions available...but just arn't showing the new pics.

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,669 Posts
The kits that come for your 05 R1 only covers your tank. I bought a univeral sheet to cover the black shield underneath my tank. So I bought two kits in order to do my 06 R1.

·
Registered
357 Posts
i was about to get the 05 R1 grips...looks like i will be getting the R6 ones...sweet

·
Local Pavement Ripper
1,669 Posts
Here's what I did with my bulk piece and my specific fit 04-06 R1 kit. A little over the top, but I'm going to trim it down in the spring.

Attachments

·
INVICTUS
14,881 Posts
I have the R1 kit on my 05 and it's one piece. I got an 06' R6 kit from Kwkomp and I'm going to use it to replace my R1 kit because it comes in two pieces per side instead of just the one.

·
Wheelies for boobs!
3,936 Posts
If you want to go with something different and high(er) quality, I recommend this product. I've had them for about 1 year and several of my riding buddies have them as well. I'm a big fan of the Snakeskins, and have used both the Snakeskins and the High Fusion.

http://www.techspec-usa.com/

Click on Gripster Sport.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.