Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a 02 R1, and the vibes through the throttle are intense - 30 minutes and my hands numb. Anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

I'll give that a shot. Easy application? - sounds like it might be a messy operation....

·
dial 911...make a fireman come
132 Posts
If anyone in Miami wants to go in on some...let me know.
Sounds like there's enough to do 2 sets of bars.

·
I need to update my picture
231 Posts
There is probably enough to do 4 sets of bars. I used a small syringe, the kind that you would use to give a baby medicine. It took about 10 min to pull of the top triple and the clip-ons. I then wire tied the clip-ons to the front forks and tried to make the bars stand completly vertical. Filled both side to the top and let it sit for the recommended 4 hours and then took about 15 min to put it back together including torques.
I would say that my throttle meister cut down 15 % and my bar snake cut down another 20% and then I added gel grips for a little more comfort. My hands used to fall aslepp even in the twisties now they only fall asleep if I am drowning down the high for a real long time, but then again most bikes I've owned have down that to me. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all

Thanks all, great forum. Kkameny, I just e-mailed earache, see what happens. I'll try that, then the bar snake...

·
Must....Ignore....redline
597 Posts
Bertyzfr1!

Attachments

·
"Gort-Klaatu barada nikto!"
3,197 Posts
Has anyone ever tried filling the bars with lead shot? Like bird shot from shotgun shells? Just an idea. Maybe I'll try it. If it doesn't work, I can always dump it back out!

·
My one is me!
224 Posts
Re: Thanks all

WoodyR1 said:
Thanks all, great forum. Kkameny, I just e-mailed earache, see what happens. I'll try that, then the bar snake...

Count me in!! I've heard nothing but good about " earaches barends" :yesnod :yesnod

·
I need to update my picture
231 Posts
If you reread my post you'll see that I used a small syringe like the one you would use to give a baby medicine. The tip of it is smaller than the hole in the bar end holder. It took a little while to get it filled, but it was clean and I didn't have to go through the hassel of pulling the out.

·
Biker to the Bone
92 Posts
Yamaha has spent a lot of time to reduce the weight of the bike...please don't add some back. I had the same problem and a better set of good quality gloves did the trick!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
hawk02 said:
If you reread my post you'll see that I used a small syringe like the one you would use to give a baby medicine. The tip of it is smaller than the hole in the bar end holder. It took a little while to get it filled, but it was clean and I didn't have to go through the hassel of pulling the out.
thanks for the clarification, I had got the syringe bit, but hadnt worked out which hole you had put it through, cheers

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
R1Jim
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing