Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok im thinking of buying some streetbike boots but have a question.are they more flexible in ankle than motocross boots? because i tried on my alpinestars motocross boots on my R1 and cant shift it . i allso have a big foot size 13 do i need diffrant rear sets to fit my big feet with boots on ?

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
call kevin at mrcycles.com and tell him james sent you to for some oxtar blue boots there your size

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
they are good boots i ride with an alpinestar smx boot and can shift with them but the oxtars are a street boot i like the race boots because of how i ridde

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the question i have is there any riders that have a size 13 foot and rides a 05 R1 can you shift with boots on? ore do i need diffrant rear sets so my big ass foot can fit in there to shift my bike i can shift with shoes but not with my motocross boots on

·
DAMN YOU SHANE
14,328 Posts
i can shift very easy even with racing boots on it jsut takes getting use to it

·
Registered
4,035 Posts
the point is to make them stiff, you dont shift with your toes, you shift with your whole foot moving up and down rotating on the ankle...all the good boot makers have accomodated the ankle to rotate so you can shift and maintain a stiff sole. Youll be fine with any of the good makers...if your worried about size, go to a local shop to buy...or buy from a shop with a return policy.

·
LIFE IS SHORT
12,690 Posts
jasons_r1 said:
i just dont want to spend $400 on a new pair of sidi boots and find out i cant shift with them on
The Sidi Vertigo Corsa are the best boot I have owned. My Astar's were nice, but the Sidi fit much better with the adjustability. I have worn them a full day at work under jeans, perfectly comfortable.

If you don't want to spend $ there are much cheaper boots that are just as comfortable & functional, but you won't have any problem shifting with the Sidi's, they aren't MX boots, just ask this guy...

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
GAMBLER said:
The Sidi Vertigo Corsa are the best boot I have owned. My Astar's were nice, but the Sidi fit much better with the adjustability. I have worn them a full day at work under jeans, perfectly comfortable.

If you don't want to spend $ there are much cheaper boots that are just as comfortable & functional, but you won't have any problem shifting with the Sidi's, they aren't MX boots, just ask this guy...
the money is not a problem is my big foot and tall body look at this pic with mx boots on look at angle of boots cant shift i want streetbike boots but i need them to flex so i can shift

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Lord_Phat said:
motorcross boots are designed to have an entirely rigid ankle, therefore making gear changing on a sportsbike near impossible! the bigger the foot, the closer to impossible you get :)
so a streetbike boot will have more flex than? so i can shift ? because i really want a pair of sidi boots

·
04 Moped rider
293 Posts
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.