Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
'08 R1
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i stripped that bolt and hole that is on the bottom of the RCS 19 that holds the 2 front brake lines. I was thinking of using a Helicoil Kit 10mm x 1.00 and thinking i would be able to install the new Brembo 10mm Double banjo bolt and call it a day. What do you guys think? Any suggestions?

·
753 Posts
it's worth a try; torque the new bolt to 30 nm or 22 ft lb; if it hold then probably will never leak

otherwise

·
Registered
2017 R1M
692 Posts
I think if it was any other bolt that would be fine, but the master??? Losing brakes is scary as f , but also having fluid blow all over the side of my bike isn’t worth the 350.00 or 400.00 it costs to replace. also now you can buy the Corsa Corte😬😬

·
Premium Member
'08 R1
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My thinking is more along the lines of Tory. If it doesn't initially leak it probably never will. I will wait to hear if more peeps chime in, but thanks for responding!!

·
SuperbikeUnlimited.com
2,303 Posts
my 2 cents is to replace it.
You may be right, if you get tight with no leaks you might be ok.

But helicoils are for a "fixed"or "static" repair. Like the one in my right side engine mount holding my frame slider.
This would be for pressure. Pressures that rise up and down constantly.
PLUS this is what will makes you stop.
To me, not worth it. Just replace it.

·
Premium Member
'08 R1
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my 2 cents is to replace it.
You may be right, if you get tight with no leaks you might be ok.

But helicoils are for a "fixed"or "static" repair. Like the one in my right side engine mount holding my frame slider.
This would be for pressure. Pressures that rise up and down constantly.
PLUS this is what will makes you stop.
To me, not worth it. Just replace it.
Agree totally. Thanks for yall's input....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts