Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I am curious about Graves (does anyone else have this?) Stroker Kit. Supposedly you're supposed to land at around 180rwhp(???).

Is there anyone here that have done this mod to your 02/03 R1? I am going racing this year and wouldn't mind being a bit ahead of my compeditors performance wise (engine).

just want to read some user input about this kit.

Or are there other "cheapish" engine mods out there that you've done that give you a nice bump in Hp figures.

I am not interested in Turbo. So stay away Turbo freaks! :finger

·
Vrooom
1,529 Posts
:iamwithst X 2 :crash

·
In search of a new motor
376 Posts
I would get the 04 r1. Between the price of the kit and everything else you need to make it work right you could sell your bike and pay off an 04. I think spiderman said they were getting high 170s to low 180s out of the 04 with gaves exaust and pc3r tuning. Plus it handles better.

·
WHERE'D WHO GO?
1,273 Posts
i have it on my 02 R1, PM me if you want the info. I will answer any questions you want.

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
martinc said:
swedie,the price is prohibitive...its actually more expensive then a turbo kit....and reliability is discutable.

You"d be better off with Graves new high comp pistons and cams...along with headwork,it could net you enarly 170rwhp.
oh about that kit. I discussed it with VPREATR a little and he did say it was good, but I don't remember all the necassary work that was needed to be done.

Can you if you have the time, list the exact parts I need and the work to be done to the bike, on top of putting those pistons and cams in the engine. Do I need to use different gas? Change timing (i guess the new cams does that for you.. eh?)?

Please help me with some info about it. thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.