Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

· Hope is what makes us Human.
8,554 Posts
I know that this strike is killing me. But I do respect why they're doing. ?

· Habs for life
1,273 Posts
Well for us (Canada) i believe they come in through the St.Lawrence seaway port i believe. If i am wrong, from my point it doesn't matter, because i think, i think, they don't sell winter tires for the R1M :p

· Build Quality Police
923 Posts
Little bit more than a week from now, Yamaha will host a massive press event at the Eastern Creek track in Australia. Basically, a number of invited motorcycle journalists will get to ride the 2015 YZF-R1 and R1M. A Yamaha representative told me they will ship no bikes before this event. I don't know the exact definition of "ship no bikes" (if this means the bikes will not leave Japan or if this means the bikes will be at the national importers but not handed out to the dealers), but this might be a factor to consider.

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
I'm goin to Long Beach boys :crash I'll be the new distributor now! Send those Western Unions and Cashiers Checks over boys! :lol

· Premium Member
39,036 Posts
there's also an ongoing dispute with the west coast longshoremen. You should see all the container ships at anchor waiting...

· 14k+ posts and not one helpful
14,358 Posts
Holy shit :eek5:

· Yama-haulin'
874 Posts
The longer it takes the bike to get to the dealer, the more money I will have saved for a down payment, and more time I have to sell my FZ1. Right now, I'm totally good with late April.

· Premium Member
39,036 Posts
I grew up by the port of la. Knew many longshoremen families. Probably the last of the strong unions left in the country. They always get what they push for.

· '16 60th Anniversary "Pikachu"
911 Posts
I'm goin to Long Beach boys :crash I'll be the new distributor now! Send those Western Unions and Cashiers Checks over boys! :lol
Can I be your partner? The port is about 3 minutes away in my backyard :LolLolLolLol:

I have some stuff I ordered from overseas that are in those containers (car related items, not R1 parts).

· Yama-haulin'
874 Posts
Im sure we will all have our bikes by the time spring rolls around here in the North East.....i'm good...
For those that can't wait, I hope you're right. The longer it takes, the more I will put down, the lower my payment will be. Beginning of May will be perfect, should be able to put 50% down by then.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.