Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
EDIT 3:
Thanks to all that participate. We may have another group buy like this in a couple months. Until then, keep the rubber side down.

EDIT 2:
The group buy is finalizing. If you want in, I must know via a pm (with all info asked for in the thread) by today 5pm.
Hurry. Price is awesome.

EDIT:

We are close to finalizing the group buy. If anyone else wants to jump in on the deal, do so now. We will wrap this up by Sunday noon time. On Monday, we will be going to the seller for ordering of the sets.
Thanks to all that are a part of this, to enable us all to get a good deal.

·
Forum Moderator
32,430 Posts
PM DanQ..... he was looking into buying a set and asked me about them. Dont know if he bought them yet.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea he needs to hurry up and buy them so he can tell me if they are worth getting lol!

lol.

I just pulled the trigger on a set (about 20 minutes ago). Was watching them and couldnt decide. Then, before I knew it, I got em.

Hope they come in soon. I will let you all know what they are like. Seem really good bang for the dollar. Independent adjustment for each tire.
Even turns itself off when removed from the tire (so it doesnt bake).
We will see.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
been trying to find reviews from others on these and heard nothing but good things. Apparently they are very popular in Europe and Asia. Trying to break into the US market now.
We will see. The look is definitely of a 500 set from the photos. I will update.

·
Cracka' What!
586 Posts
Just make sure you get the V5 version with the separate control box. The older models with the digital thermostat attached to the warmer had a lot of problems with the electronics going out - guess they couldn't take the heat.

·
The Intern
2,404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Keep us posted. I was looking at these too, but unsure of the quality and life of the warmers.
I was skeptical of them too until I saw someone at a track day with them. Looked really sharp and he had only good things to say about them. Researched online and could not find bad things about it either (all generations). I went ahead and bought a set and really loved the quality, workmanship and everything. My track partner wanted them, so I ended up giving it to him and want to jump in on the group buy.
Hope you can decide...we need 3-4 people for minimum buy.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.