Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
AnGryBlaCkmaN
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just got this Sunpass deal. Your suppose to mount it on your windshield right next to rearview mirror. Anybody ever had one of these things on there bikes? There online system allowed me to add the "one" as a vehicle, just wondering if it will work riding through the toll????:confused:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah you can use the Sunpass on your bike. I have one for mine. All I do it attach it to the plastic part just behind the headlight and to the left of the clipon using the velco that came on the Sunpass. You do have to hold it up over your windscreen as you go through though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah you can use the Sunpass on your bike. I have one for mine. All I do it attach it to the plastic part just behind the headlight and to the left of the clipon using the velco that came on the Sunpass. You do have to hold it up over your windscreen as you go through though.

·
The plane will fly! :fact
7,127 Posts
I know a guy that has it on his left forearm, he just holds his arm up as he goes through. The direction also matters apparently, I had it mounted up and down in my truck and it wouldn't pick it up sometimes. The service center moved it so it was sideways and it's worked fine ever since.

·
AnGryBlaCkmaN
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It works fine in the whip. Guess I'll find out if it works on the bike tonight? I read that they hit you with a $100 fine if you run a toll.. :cryin that will really [email protected]^king suck...

·
Premium Member
23,055 Posts
187 said:
I read that they hit you with a $100 fine if you run a toll.. :cryin that will really [email protected]^king suck...
only if your plate is mounted that the camera can see it, but if its your first time running through it they just send you a nice picture of you on your bike :thumbup

·
clutch it up!!!
27,446 Posts
ok here is the deal. i have a sunpass. if you added your one to the sunpass, when you run a toll and they get your license it matches a sunpass transponder number. then they take the toll money from your sunpass even if it doesnt go off. so long as the tag on the bike is registered to the sunpass

·
Squirrell trying to get a nut
9,219 Posts
motopsyko32 said:
ok here is the deal. i have a sunpass. if you added your one to the sunpass, when you run a toll and they get your license it matches a sunpass transponder number. then they take the toll money from your sunpass even if it doesnt go off. so long as the tag on the bike is registered to the sunpass
:iamwithst
But, I have a collection of like 5 or 6 pictures of my ass goin through the sawgrass toll booths. My 2 sunpasses are registered to my and mrs cookin's cars - so they just keep sending pictutres and I keep putting them upin the garage - If I get to 100 pictures, I will gladly pay the fine....
J.K> After the 4th or fifth picture to the house, my wife really got hot about it so I bought a " holster" and put the one from my auto in it...
When I put my pass on the bike it works great... there is usually a dude selling " holsters at Fudds on Fri. they attach to the windscreen by way of 2" suction cups and a velcro puch holds the pass - mine works great....

·
Has anyone seen my ratchet?
25,747 Posts
My sunpass works face down, face up, sideways, and even on the center console. Here's a good Sunpass scam that I heard about on the radio. If you take turnpike north to let's say Orlando it costs like 10 bucks. When you go through the booth where they start the tickets place your sunpass in the Foil Bag it came with and put it in the glove box or under the seat. Now go through the slow line and get a ticket. When you get off the turnpike in Orlando, don't pay with the ticket, use Sunpass. What happens is if your Sunapss does not register you getting on the turnpike, they charge you for the closest toll to the one you are at. I believe in that area it is only like $.90. Try it, it works.

·
9,219 Posts
yamahog said:
My sunpass works face down, face up, sideways, and even on the center console. Here's a good Sunpass scam that I heard about on the radio. If you take turnpike north to let's say Orlando it costs like 10 bucks. When you go through the booth where they start the tickets place your sunpass in the Foil Bag it came with and put it in the glove box or under the seat. Now go through the slow line and get a ticket. When you get off the turnpike in Orlando, don't pay with the ticket, use Sunpass. What happens is if your Sunapss does not register you getting on the turnpike, they charge you for the closest toll to the one you are at. I believe in that area it is only like $.90. Try it, it works.

That's Awesome !! I will...

·
The plane will fly! :fact
7,127 Posts
yamahog said:
Where is it that they give tickets? or do all booths?

·
AnGryBlaCkmaN
7,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Why don't I feel like a real a$$hole. Wish I logged on before I went up there (Orlando).. Guess thats $20 bucks in the toilet. Got to try this shit next time... :confused:

·
9,219 Posts
187 said:
Why don't I feel like a real a$$hole. Wish I logged on before I went up there (Orlando).. Guess thats $20 bucks in the toilet. Got to try this shit next time... :confused:
Don't forget the ticket too.....

ouch...sorry;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts