Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had a Suomy for a few years and experienced discoloration? I have the Steve Martin replica and the white on the back is turning yellow. I bought the helmet when I bought my bike, back in Feb '04. These things only last 4 years? $500 only lasts 4 years? Ridiculous. I've barely actually used the thing too. When not in use, it's in my closet, in a bag, no where near the sun. I guess I'll email Suomy and see what the have to say.

·
Thread Killer
1,866 Posts
Any pics? Send it back and tell them you paid $700 for this piece of piss only for it to discolor. My Arai has a lifetime garantee against defects.

·
Yellow R1's are faster
387 Posts
I got one and no problems.. Mine is old production date is 2004. I can post pic of mine, but you should post pic of yours in day light.

·
I hate criminals
1,749 Posts
Got a Bostrom Extreme, no discoloration. I must admit though that I do not wear it a lot as I do have other helmets.

·
CMRA #828
103 Posts
I know what you are talking about. I had the Gobert and the orange got dull after a couple of years. A friend had the one with all the playing cards and poker chips on it and all the colors faded bad, it looked like crap! I imagine if you were to meticulously polish it with a UV resistant spray it might prevent some fade. I kept mine covered at all times when not actually riding but my friend would just throw his over a mirror when parked or chunk it on the backseat of his car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.