Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys (& gals),

My :bow:bow 04R1:bow:bow is arriving soon and I plan lots of modifying to the shiny stuff and was wondering where I can get, possibly LED, lazer beam bright headlights, so that the cages have no excuse not to see me. Apart from when I burn their retina's out, when I high beam them, through their rear mirror. Believe me when I say, you have to remind them here in the Middle East. Motorcycle awareness isn't huge over here.

I plan on LED'ing most of the bike, through the various manufacturers I've seen and read-talked about in this forum. So any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, :finger
Warp.

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump..anyone....:dunno

Even if anyone knows of a good aftermarket lamp, as somewhere in the forums, people were talking about xenon lamps.

Is there any compatability there I wonder..!?

Cheers Warp :finger

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
well, visit www.piaa.com and look for Super plasma GTX they are the best for me personally. but they do have a lot of other things. look in the "bulbs" section. cheers. Middle east? which country to be exact warp?

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
err..ummm..thanks for that Martin, jeez give me a break, I'm only curious, as the bike isn't here yet. Like I said, I want a better light that WILL NOT change the current draw/loading (So that I don't fuxx anything..LMAO).

Thanks Vahakn, I'll check out the site....cheers Warp

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Martin, since you have the manual, would you mind letting me know the main head lamp specification for the 04R1. So I can look it up on the web.

Thanks for being honest,
Cheers Warp

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Vahakn said:
well, visit www.piaa.com and look for Super plasma GTX they are the best for me personally. but they do have a lot of other things. look in the "bulbs" section. cheers. Middle east? which country to be exact warp?
I checked out their sit Vahakan. Seems like current draw won't be a problem, as the bulbs are rated 60/55, but with the technology used have huge enhancement. :fire
Thanks mate,
Warp
p.s. I'm in the far east of the Middle East....

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Warp Racer said:
I checked out their sit Vahakan. Seems like current draw won't be a problem, as the bulbs are rated 60/55, but with the technology used have huge enhancement. :fire
Thanks mate,
Warp
p.s. I'm in the far east of the Middle East....

Most welcome warp. would that be kuwait? Bahrain,Qatar? UAE?, Dubai? Yemen?

thanks

:thumbup

·
Blue is faster!
301 Posts
All four bulbs are H7 55w. My R1 is in the basement!! Piaa only makes one H7 product, I ordered them yesterday. I will let you know how they turn out.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
gwh13usmc said:
All four bulbs are H7 55w. My R1 is in the basement!! Piaa only makes one H7 product, I ordered them yesterday. I will let you know how they turn out.

Am sorry to give u the bad news bro, but PIAA of UK offer almost all the range in H7 Format. have a look at www.piaa.co.uk u get almost all the different technologies in H7 setup.

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Vahakn said:
Am sorry to give u the bad news bro, but PIAA of UK offer almost all the range in H7 Format. have a look at www.piaa.co.uk u get almost all the different technologies in H7 setup.
will do Vahakn..cheers..Warp

p.s. that would be Oman, by the way.

·
Insanity Please
2,200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
gwh13usmc said:
Cheers Gwh13usmc, will check out the info with Vahakn's post.

Thanks again matey, Warp:thumbup

1 - 12 of 12 Posts