Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· working hard
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
a friend of mine wants to make his 2006 R1 a super R1 for drag racing, we are going to mount a turbo system on it, but we need more that just a turbo:
arrett gt28R turbo w/custom exhaust housing for external gate
Tial 38mm gate
Beji FMU Regulator
Dynojet power commander
Engine Gear oil sump pump and custom bracket
All ss braided lines and fittings over $800 @ cost
Custom modified stock gas tank (Red) with a bosh 979 external fuel pump

i need some one to build me a race engine so i can add the turbo to it.

any ideas?

· Registered
85 Posts
hi,
a friend of mine wants to make his 2006 R1 a super R1 for drag racing, we are going to mount a turbo system on it, but we need more that just a turbo:
arrett gt28R turbo w/custom exhaust housing for external gate
Tial 38mm gate
Beji FMU Regulator
Dynojet power commander
Engine Gear oil sump pump and custom bracket
All ss braided lines and fittings over $800 @ cost
Custom modified stock gas tank (Red) with a bosh 979 external fuel pump

i need some one to build me a race engine so i can add the turbo to it.

any ideas?

you can boost it on the stock motor 5-10psi easy, and ur not doing much more with an fmu anyways on most setups

· working hard
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
we have a guy here that is racing on a turbo hayabusa and no one can bet him, my friend insists that the R1 cud bet it if it had more power, the busa delivers 500bhp+ so we need some thing that has more power than 275bhp.

· Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
correct setup on 500 hp turbo busa... look at AMA prostreet. at first kits were making just 500 and times were in 7.50s-7.70s. and yea there were few in 40s and such. i dont care u do to R1...twin turbos wont do any more... its about effeciency and boost levels.. 2 is not always better than one. okay now lets look at some serious setups on turbo gsxr1ks, all motor zx10s and such. even rickey gadsons zx10(muzzys claimed 500 hp) ran 7.90s and finally in 7.83. grudge 1k are running in high 7's. R1 motor wont get to mid 7 second pass ever. not without blowing up every pass. not saying ur turbo busa guy is running those kinds of times... alot is rider. but no matter what u can get close to him if ur rider is better, and he is not using all power on that busa. u havent said what times he is running so we dont know but in perfect world... doesnt matter u wont get R1 into same league as that turbo busa. but its not perfect world. so there is always a chance

· Ghostrider Squadron
9,259 Posts
right now there is no way to get R1 into those figures. there just are not enuf parts and goodies to get there. might be possible to get into 8.0s or so..but ur talking about another 150 or more hp to get into mid sevens.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.