Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Blue by you
540 Posts
Thanks for the post - I'll have to buy that issue. More low end grunt than the Kaw? I thought I saw a dyno curve showing the ZX10 having it all over everyone else.:dunno

·
Registered
306 Posts
R1-N-TN said:
Thanks for the post - I'll have to buy that issue. More low end grunt than the Kaw? I thought I saw a dyno curve showing the ZX10 having it all over everyone else.:dunno
You have. Sportrider posted dyno numbers that showed just that, but the runs weren't done concurrently, so the numbers are VERY suspect. The one set of dyno numbers that have been posted here (from several European publications) that had all the bikes tested at the same time showed the R1 on top in HP and peak torque.

There are lies, damn lies, statistics, and dyno numbers.

·
Git er' done
164 Posts
great post man, I just want them to get the 1000's together at the same time here in the US and dyno them consecutively, SR seems to have inconsistent #s compared to other #s. I know the new R1 willl prevail as the best OVERALL package, if not just outright HP.

·
Registered
7,619 Posts
ImagineParadise said:
glatiator, awesome post. Those who have the 04, have you expereinced any "discomfort" in your ass while riding?
Not one bit of heat from the rear???? Although it's only been in the lower 60's here so far. We'll have to see when it gets to be 100 + around here, But then I useally go for the comfort of the truck with A/C when it get that's hot.....

·
Who's your Daddy!!
5,465 Posts
R1-N-TN said:
If i read the above article right it says the R1 falls in between the G1k & 10r in terms of bottom end grunt. Once more comparos/testing is done we'll know for sure if the aforementioned dyno runs are indeed suspect or not, but as of now the 10r has tested consistantly better than the others on the dyno and on the track.

BD

1 - 20 of 24 Posts