Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

21 - 40 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #29 (Edited)
Not a lot of news with the bike (yet). The main focus around here has been preparing our new bikes for racing, so we can get at least one of them out for this month's events. We have some really cool stuff going on the WR shortly. Hopefully we have everything by the 3rd week of this month. For now, we've gotten our Scotts damper installed. This was relatively painless, with only some minor machining required on the top bar clamp so that it'd fit the RSW triples. The bike feels very stable and now will pass tech with race orgs, so hopefully it will be on the grid shortly.

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
That's bad ass had crf450 use to ride with Doug henry up cutybackville race track lots of fun only thing bad about it is now I can't stop backing in my street back in every turn lol

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Damnit how did I miss this.....I want this bike to take up Pikes Peak I would die on my R1.....Is it for sale yet?:lol
We decided to hang on to it a little longer, it might be fun to do a little racing with it. We'd also like to see it crack 60hp, which I think will be very doable shortly.

·
22 is too many...
13,185 Posts
We decided to hang on to it a little longer, it might be fun to do a little racing with it. We'd also like to see it crack 60hp, which I think will be very doable shortly.
:rock Roger that!! Cant wait to see it crack 60.:)

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
A few more updates and she's finally complete!

We did a port on the head, which showed a substantial gain on the flow bench.

The bike has really come together nicely! The addition of the new Beringer 6 piston billet brake caliper and Hinson slipper clutch really helped on track. The stopping power, coupled with the amazing feel of the Ohlins suspension is really confidence inspiring.

Check out this video of our 2nd shakedown run with our rider Freddy mixing it up with Pro SM rider Gary Carter.

After this video we finally got our custom cams back in and installed them and did some tuning, making 56hp on pump gas. MR12 should net another 3hp or so. We also installed a Power Commander V and quickshifter!

Now that the bike is done, the time has come to start a new project. We'll be listing it soon.

·
GO SKERS!!
300 Posts
The bike came with some spare plastics so I had some fun for a race set.

Put street tires back on for time being as slicks were pretty dead. That's about all I've done so far.

·
MoxBilt Racing Australia
71 Posts
Nice bike mate, I have a 2013 YZ450 in a similar build. So much fun!

·
GO SKERS!!
300 Posts
Finally got my login figured back out. Took the bike to a couple races last season. Went to the "Lightning On The Wolf" event at shawano, WI on street tires (that was a mistake). The dirt section kicked my ass, and the bike took a little beating as I was a little rusty at jumping.

For this year, I'm noticing that my extra weight is causing me some issues on the bike. I need to redo the exhaust or get a heavier spring as I'm rubbing the tire on the canister on jumps. The slipper clutch hasn't been holding power up top so I've changed the spring to a heavier one to see if that helps.

The bike is back on proper rubber and I'm starting to get comfortable with how aggressive the front brake is and how far I can drive it into corners. I'm racing in the Oklahoma OSB series, next race is memorial day weekend. I'm torn between full supermoto and asphalt only class.

21 - 40 of 49 Posts
About this Discussion
48 Replies
18 Participants
SBK Unlimited
Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums
R1-Forum is a Yamaha R1 motorcycle enthusiasts community dedicated to Yamaha YZF 1000 R1 sportbike. Discuss performance, customization, specs, reviews and more!
Full Forum Listing