·
Hope is what makes us Human.
8,425 Posts
Your a man of great taste :thumbup

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hell yeah bro, can't wait to get them on the bike and try them out. I will post up when they are installed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ha Ha just so happens I took the day off work to install it. Went pretty smoothly with no issues. The hardest part was getting on the lower triple clamp bolts to torque them. Turned out nice though. My head stand wasn't here yet so I had to improvise with some straps and my garage beam.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ha Ha just so happens I took the day off work to install it. Went pretty smoothly with no issues. The hardest part was getting on the lower triple clamp bolts to torque them. Turned out nice though. My head stand wasn't here yet so I had to improvise with some straps and my garage beam.

uploadfromtaptalk1456201837217.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1456201868402.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1456201882257.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1456201897710.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1456201918882.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1456201927273.jpg

·
Registered
21 Posts
As with anything suspension, one needs a person that knows what they're doing.
That's true. I've already installed a set of NIX30 carts on one of my bikes that I'm very happy with, and am not new to suspension work. I like to do my own work when possible, and sometimes, simpler is better. I don't know exactly what performance advantage the gas carts have, but price and ease of maintenance, and user servicibility are also cosiderations. In my experience, I usually get better results doing things myself, rather than paying someone else who doesn't ride my bike or know exactly how I want it set up. Guess I could be a person "that knows what they're doing". Learn to set up your own bike, and you'll save lots of time, money and frustration. It's not rocket science, even if you're told it's harder than it is. ;)

·
Registered
290 Posts
It's not rocket science, even if you're told it's harder than it is. ;)
I do most of the work on the bike myself, for jobs that require special tools (forks, valves, etc...). It's more cost and time efficient for me to have someone do them instead.

If you have the time, by all means do the work yourself. It's about $200 to service FKRs, I can remove them off the bike, mail them (Ohlins headquarters in NC few hours from me :laugh:), and have them all ready (I don't have FKRs, that was the case with other bikes).

As far as setup goes, race teams have specialized pros (mechanics, suspension, electronics, etc....) for a reason. For suspension specifically, I would rather have a pro set it up and not worry about it. If you know how, good for you. Setup is for free if you get forks service :wink2:

·
Registered
21 Posts

Are you able to access the clickers with the shock mounted? It looks like they're buried under the ABS plumbing.

·
Unacceptable
1,241 Posts
Are you able to access the clickers with the shock mounted? It looks like they're buried under the ABS plumbing.
You're right, with the rear ABS junction block in the way adjusting the upper (compression) setting is a right bitch. I use something similar to this, until such time I eliminate the rear ABS setup.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts