Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
pavement tester....
7,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now that the literbikes are in Superstock, dont you think that is the best comparison to what bike is potentially the best one out there? I mean, Honda is in Superbike, so I guess you cant count that. SO I guess you can still compare between the R1/G1k/and ZX-10. All of them have great riders and a factory effort so its pretty even.

Alot of people rely on superbike to compare but dont have a clue that beside the fairings and engine case covers (and $100,000 or more), those bikes come nowhere close to what we ride.

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE superbike racing and wish Yammi was in it too. However, when it comes to seeing people race what we ride, I think Superstock is pretty darn cool too.:yesnod

·
Registered
785 Posts
Forget Superbike!

If Honda gets the message, they may produce a stock bike that can compete with the others.

So far the R1 has won at Daytona and Valencia, but the ZX-10R is not far behind! We have some great bikes to choose from, but the CBR1000RR is not one of them if you are looking for track day performance.

·
The Original Turbo
2,332 Posts
Ben Spies is still a factor on the Gixxer. Had he not jumped the start, it's quite possible he would have taken Daytona. Let's save our judgements until the end of the season.

I totally agree with you guys though. This class is the most accurate. And the one we should pay the most attention too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts