Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
205whpmonster
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright. this might be a little long winded, so keep your hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times please :ROFLMAO:

Long story short - 2010 R1 that was framed, and everything powder coated gloss black. While it was at this shop, about 80% of the way through reassembly, the owner of the shop decided he didn't want to do it anymore and stopped paying rent on his space. I was notified by the owner of the space that I had 24 hours to go and collect my bike from the shop.
To answer that question - yes, I knew the person that was running the shop and I was an idiot and trusted him and helped his business grow (was a relatively small shop that was growing) and in the end was bent over pretty hard. No receipts no paper trail, couldn't sue if I wanted to already tried etc. I know. I'm an asshole and shouldn't trust anyone unless ive got a paper trail.

Anyway, the bike is about 90% now, but there are miscellaneous nuts and bolts for cosmetics that I have went through and purchased. She's also got a new clutch basket waiting to go in, stator, coils and a new QS. Essentially, I am looking for recommendations or even anyone free and willing to help me out with some extra hands whatever to help me get this thing back on the road. I've been out of the country for about 4 years now and im trying to get back on 2 wheels before the snow comes around.

any help or advice would be great. Anything, everything. I've called nearly every shop in the PA, WV, VA area and understandably nobody wants to commit to this project.

Its a bit of a daunting task for me to do solo, so any help appreciated.

thank you all! hope everyone is staying safe!

·
205whpmonster
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Since people are reading but no answering, I have another question.

I have a Dano’s qs installed and am moving to a translogic intellishift. My question is, since the Danos was ECU based, and the trans logic isn’t, can I cut and tape the wires to the ecu or do I need to take everything out including the pin to the ECU to make sure everything is okay?
Thanks!

·
205whpmonster
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alright cool. I was trying to get away with no flash just swap. It’s a whole new set up so I’d be getting rid of the old sensor - that’s pinned in and wired.

·
205whpmonster
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m in the north hills! I didn’t see one but sometimes it doesn’t always come through

·
205whpmonster
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Alright. Update

new plugs, new coils, igniters, and a translogic quickshift put in.
reassembled and when started, she turned over like she wanted to start, but never started. Huge popping every once in a while with a nice flame here and there.
Initial thought was wires exposed or crossed, coils not properly seated, or my harnesses for the qs were wrong.
So far I have retraced everything, rerouted so that the harness for the qs is away from the stock harness for interference, and the coils are all snug and proper.

any ideas? No codes on the dash

·
205whpmonster
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sometimes ya just gotta go for it.
Finished it up on my own, working out a few kinks I found, a few miscellaneous missings already on their way. Some new goodies, and a lot more bark.

Bmw Black, some gold accents, no badges. She may be a looker when she’s all done.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts