Yamaha R1 Forum: YZF-R1 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all, i searched the forum but didn't find anything related to this brand of sliders. So I thought I'd do a short write up on the T-Rex brand frame sliders. I just recently laid my bike down, but I did have the sliders on. So I got up after the crash, picked up my bike and to my dismay the frame slider on the left side, the side that the bike went down on was gone! HUH? And of course that side of the bike was messed up as a result. I looked around and found the slider and took a close look at it. Turns out that there were some pretty big (marble size or bigger air pockets throughout the body of the slider and that's why it snapped. So I emailed the seller and told them about the situation and asked what they think their responsibility is in a case like this where the slider snapped due do a flaw. Guess what, haven't heard from T-Rex after several emails. Anybody have any experience with this brand or any idea what I should do? Or is this normal? Thanks for any input.

·
My R1 and I eat together.
250 Posts
I've been looking at clutch sliders and those are perfectly priced. Glad you posted however, because I will not be purchasing them now. I'm sorry your bike went down and the slider didn't do it's job. :( I've heard very expensive sliders snapping off too. Sucks having to worry about stuff like that.

Be safe out there.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
i have their stands. no complaints.

but just so you know. probably 90 percent of frame sliders break when the bike goes down. if you want protection, get a race rail or a cage.

·
My other bike is your sister
7,419 Posts

·
Curves Are Sexy
128 Posts
A big misconception is that frame sliders are supposed to save fairings. This is not true. Sometimes you may get lucky in the event of a lowside and the fairings don't get scratched / damaged. Frame sliders are made to protect the FRAME. If your frame wasn't bent, then it did it's job. I've had a motivation slider break - fairings were toast, but the frame was saved.

·
Owner of the color changing R1
16,563 Posts
I have the t rex frame sliders and swingarm sliders. I havent tested the frame sliders because i had another brand during my lowside. The trex swingarm sliders held up and did their job perfectly. they slide and wore down just like they were supposed to. not a scratch on my swingarm.
it may have had some airbubbles in it...but im sure a lot of sliders do. they only really work and hold up under a certain speed. if your going 40 or 50mph then the force of the bike slamming down on a piece of rubber held on by a bolt head is going to pop that slider right off.

if your frame is not damaged then take it as a win. if your frame is damaged...then you should have gotten the CUT frame sliders. since everyone knows no cut sliders dont hold up very well.

edit. and T-Rex wouldnt have any responsibility for plastics or anything like that got damaged...a frame slider is there to protect the frame...as already been mentioned by previous posters

1 - 11 of 11 Posts